Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

map ideas? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_-neRada-

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:11 PM

i wanna make an urt map, but i dont kno what to make it of. every idea has been like already used :shock: any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

• LocationIn the pool of MUDDY water, where the sun sets.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:32 PM

I'd love a gunfight in a forest, but this game's name is "Urban Terror", plus Q3 engine sucks with trees & vegetables...

I have two suggestions.

-A church. Now you will say "that is too simple..." wrong! Have you ever fully explored a church? The one where I go usually is way bigger than it seems at first glance: there is the bell tower, the oratory, the "sacrestia" (don't know the name in english), the crypt, the priests' rooms... there are even many nasty passageways, both inside and outside, to reach various places in the main "room" of the church itself at various highness level (to set up lightings, warm plant, ecc.). A friend of mine is a painter, and his studio is in a room inside the church's bell tower; I've got to see a lot of that church's topography due to this. Find a church (quite big possibly) and ask for permission to visit that... up to you to find a valid reason! :)
(if you need textures I can get some photos from there)

-A military base (small) with the surroundings, possibly BIG surroundings; one team spawns in the base, the other one outside in a covered place; there should be various way to enter the base, one underground, another one from a small passage on mountains (kinda like the old ut_sands), one from the front. The small entrances should be easier to defend.
The base itself should have a central point, higher, not too exposed from outside where it would be easier to check the base, but which is quite difficult to defend from inside (easy to reach by a grenade from the stairs, or ppl attacking the "panoramic room" would have cover).
Maybe is similar to Riyadh, but with only one base.

Ok, I didn't think too hard for this, I admit it was just 20 minutes, I will think to a better subject before going to sleep!

#3 User is offline   Dark Devil (old) Icon

• LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:34 PM

I would love to see a forest level. I'm pretty sure there will be one for ET:UT.

P.S. Nice sig Noir

#4 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

• LocationIn the pool of MUDDY water, where the sun sets.

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:49 AM

Thanks! I still need practice about that, anyway... For example, there are no borders in both sign and avatar, and the writing "Camping is a lifestyle" is too small. I have an idea for my next sign, but don't have the will to sacrifice the time I would to put that into being, at least not now in the middle of my exam session.

...and yes, the SR8 flash is from the screenshot as well!!! You don't notice they are so huge when ingame, don't you? =)

#5 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:25 AM

I'd love a gunfight in a forest, but this game's name is "Urban Terror", plus Q3 engine sucks with trees & vegetables...

man you should try playing a q3 map called Decidia (wvwq3dm7)

Posted Image

http://www.urbanbase...s2/wvwq3dm7.zip

check it out . you can play it in Urt just like any q3 map

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

I don't find it hard to think of ideas for maps at all. I've got to many ideas so heres a few.

I'd like to see a map with a small Italian village set on a steep hillside, and you play across the hill. 3 narrowish roads going bettween the sides which join into each other at 30 deg angles at various points like switchbacks. Lots of roof movement from the top road to the bottom and across the map.

An arctic research station. Mostly low buildings with antenna towers sticking up over the place, satalite diches on top of a few buildings and flag poles to provide a skyline. It would have 4-5 quadrangles that merge into each other at the edges with steps leading into the next.

A chemical weapons factory set next to the sea sourounded by mountians. The accutal chemical silos placed half way up the mountains. An open dock with a few containers and streets working up to the base of the silos.

Hope that helps.

#7 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:29 PM

I remember seeing screenshots of a forest map for ET:UT I think they're on the mainpage of urt.net. Looks really good. I've always wanted a good jungle map, ut_paradise just didn't do it for me. I think the ET engine lets mappers make better use of vegetation and what not. Looking forward to the ET maps, should be really good stuff!

#8 User is offline   HELSEN (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:21 AM

ut_forrest
ut_forest
ut_mcg2
ut_swamp

Hey, its not like Battlefield Vietnam.
But a lot of trees in this map ;-).

And swamp in CTF (without googles) and ut_forrest in TDM make a LOT of fun. 8)

Greetings Avatar

#9 User is offline   HELSEN (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

man you should try playing a q3 map called Decidia (wvwq3dm7)

THANKS!

This map is a beauty!.

I will play it from the 14th. june for a whole week (for start :-)) on the [fUn]-Server

damn SID that you not include the googles in the G_GEAR :roll: :wink:
Everybody will run with NV through this wonderfull map and snipe from one end to the other.
But I love it anyway.

If you have other maps like this from Q3 so post me at last the name.
We have played a lot of Q3 maps in the past, and will play a lot in the future.

Thanks so far.

Greetings Avatar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942