• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NitroServers: Springfield Sunday! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

Instructions are below image.
Get the map -> http://nitroservers....load.php?view.5

Posted Image

Nitroservers is hosting its first ever event for the Urban terror community to have lots of fun and crazy  excitement playing in the city of springfield from the popular cartoon "The Simpsons"

The event will happen  on Sunday 10th August 2008 at 6pm and will continue through to 10pm

IMPORTANT

Since the Map is so big you may be required to type into your console  /set hunkmegs 256  to prevent you having loading errors.

The map is also just under 60MB (megabytes) so autodownloading this map will not work.  to play this map on our servers you must download the map compressed RAR file (15MB)    and extract it to your  urban terror/q3ut4 directory  before joining our server.

The server will have an admin in through out the entire event to keep the peace and increase the fun. Since we will be running the one map for the most of four hours straight we may interupt the map for a normal map for a 10 minute break and then go back into the springfield map again for more fun.

The game type will be Capture the Flag and the server will be listed as normal with no  name changes.

To join in on the fun  on sunday 10th August you must do the following steps

1.  Download the map from -> http://nitroservers....load.php?view.5

2. extract the map using WinRAR to your  q3ut4 directory in the urban terror install folder.

3. edit your config to make sure your Hunkmegs is set to atleast "256"

4. Join the Nitroservers  at 6pm on Sunday 10th august.

Thats all there is too it.

Any Questions or Queries can be directed to our admins  at:

admin@nitroservers.co.uk or rocky@nitroservers.co.uk

you can also contact us through our contact live button on our main page.

If you would prefer to speak to us directly you can join our Teamspeak server @   ts.nitroservers.co.uk:8404

Please not replies to this thread may go un-answered.

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

since this forum is for off topic threads, you are off topic, but since you are off topic you are on topic, but since you are on topic, you are off topic, but

#3 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

lol  please keep this thread sane O_o

#4 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

might be interesting with the amount of players there... that's if they download the file. but then again, the fps drops in this map might get annoying for me.

also, since you are posting this in the urt website, it seems you want through traffic from the people who come here... and although i dont speak for all of them, i would be curious if you would be bringing your 'server setup and rules' in line with the majority of the servers that we frequent, since people (including myself) have expressed their views on the current situation.

#5 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

you can view our server rules on our forums @ nitroservers.co.uk

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

Com_hunkmegs is already defaulted and forced to a minimum of 256 in ioUrbanTerror that came with 4.1, so no need to mess with that manually if you use that (most do).

Why can't a map auto-download if it's 60MB? Should work just fine (with ioUrbanTerror's autodownload system that is). But the pk3 and bsp name have to be the same for it to work, which is not the case now.

Also, why is the rar containing the pk3 so much smaller than the pk3? Why not just up the compression on the pk3 itself? The pk3 seems to be uncompressed. Doh. Not smart.

Make sure to set the sv_timeout on your server high enough (like 180 or more?), cause the map is pretty big and takes long to load on slow PC's.

Anyway, I made a new version of the pk3. It's only 20MB (I turned on compression) and also the name is fixed, so it works with our auto-download just fine. If you want to use that one instead, let me know, and I'll link you to it.

#7 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Com_hunkmegs is already defaulted and forced to a minimum of 256 in ioUrbanTerror that came with 4.1, so no need to mess with that manually if you use that (most do).

Why can't a map auto-download if it's 60MB? Should work just fine (with ioUrbanTerror's autodownload system that is). But the pk3 and bsp name have to be the same for it to work, which is not the case now.

Also, why is the rar containing the pk3 so much smaller than the pk3? Why not just up the compression on the pk3 itself? The pk3 seems to be uncompressed. Doh. Not smart.

Make sure to set the sv_timeout on your server high enough (like 180 or more?), cause the map is pretty big and takes long to load on slow PC's.

Anyway, I made a new version of the pk3. It's only 20MB (I turned on compression) and also the name is fixed, so it works with our auto-download just fine. If you want to use that one instead, let me know, and I'll link you to it.

I was wondering why the hell that pk3 was so huge... Somebody can spend all that time making a super detailed map like that and then forget to compress the pk3...

#8 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for all the info  woekele  this map was originally for  Q3 and therefor the message about hunkmegs was for Q3 i  just  copied the notice to make sure everyone knew..  i also wasn't aware of the hunkmegs being defaulted to 256 in urt4.1  (even though my default config still says 56? )

as for the map this is how it was presented for download of the map website.

if you would like to share with me on how to compress the pk3 file i will get started on it right away

lastly  the  60mb  autodownload wasn't a bug in Urt  just a warning from us just  incase we got 20+  people trying to grab a 60mb file from our redirect server

thanks again woekele. :)

#9 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

Should be options for compression in Winzip or whatever zip app you're using.

#10 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Use 7zip, choose zipfile and maximum compression.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942