Urban Terror Forums: Game going into window and locking up input - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Game going into window and locking up input Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SteelSide (old) Icon

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

Sometimes my game just automatically drops into window mode (still occypying whole screen thou, but now it has got a bar + you can see the gnome panel), which also causes it to ... ALMOST reject input, the only thing it catches is repeated mouse moves, and those very slow.
So i can't play the game while in it, i can't quit it, i usually resort to killing X, but I'd rather not do that. Anyone else have/had this? How to solve?
I really don't mind it going into window mode (cause it happends like once every 10-20 mins tops) as long as i can force it back into fullscreen.

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

that bug may be related to the specific window manager you're using or specific x version.

#3 User is offline   noskill (old) Icon

• LocationHungary

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

it is coming from the libnotify system if you have running progs what are making notifying popups.

tip#1: stop all other progs while playing
tip#2: start urt on a separate X. I can help you if you need a hand with this (I am using that way)

#4 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

It does not occur often for me ... maybe like once in 2 months .. when it happens i hit ctrl-alt-f3, login there and perform a killall iourbanterror.i386. and switch back with ctrl-alt-f7 ..

#5 User is offline   SteelSide (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

I've noticed that this is not just urbanterror >.> (All other games i played for so short, never noticed it. Guess that's ++ score to urt :> - until today.)
It's probably compiz or some other devilish part of it, will go try google.
Thanks anyway :>

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Xovan (old) Icon

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

This crap has happened to me more than once.  Letting it sit in a window will cause it to completely wash black and you'll have to alt+f4 out.  The only command that seems reliable for me when this happens is the old ctrl+alt+backspace but what usually happens then is as soon as I get back into urban terror its only a matter of time till it happens again.  It makes me wonder what would happen if I ran urban terror from a command prompt instead of loading up ubuntu.  I haven't run anything else while urt is going so I don't believe its a notify thing unless its the update manager in which case why didn't I see the notification after I relogged?

Meh it might just be something up with either gnome or X.  Heaven forbid that this is related to the opengl problem that causes the accidental wall hack on the hardy release.

EDIT:
I tried turning off all the pretty desktop effects.  When I did this the game crashed and played the same sound over and over until I ctrl+alt+backspaced out.

#7 User is offline   God_like (old) Icon

• Locationmo

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

this has never happened to me  but i run a minimalist etch box.

#8 User is offline   VisionThing (old) Icon

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

Same thing has happened to me. I upgrade to 8.04 last night and not Urt keeps forcing itself to be windowed and craps out the mouse after a minute.  To roll back or beat it into submission.....I am not sure which yet.

#9 User is offline   VisionThing (old) Icon

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Seems to work for me now. Turned off visual effects. I'll post on Ubuntu forums and see if they are patching

#10 User is offline   MrSentry Icon

• Account: mrsentry
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:03 PM

gg compviz

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942