Urban Terror Forums: UrT can be different - FTL Cup - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT can be different - FTL Cup Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Would you play at this Cup? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you play at this Cup?

1. Yes - And i have enough Players (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Yes - Not sure about enough Players (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. Maybe (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. No - Because i don't like this idea (9 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

5. No - Because i don't have enough Players (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 User is offline   prekouille (old) Icon

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

Reading the idea i'd have thought that he's using 7v7 and unique maps for a reason, FTL is about fragging ur way fast to the spawn, but here there would be a lot more possibilities. so i wouldn't dismiss it right away, just add 2 clans together for the league, and try to sneak your way to the other spawn on the huge maps.

#12 User is offline   wdp (old) Icon

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:50 AM

no more opinions? Got nearly no feedback, so possibly no one wants it? ;-)

#13 User is offline   Taker (old) Icon

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

I want.. it could be funny

#14 User is offline   V3L3 (old) Icon

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

Goddamn intriguing tho no sr8/psg rules is a bs.
and 7on7, a bs rule too.

#15 User is offline   wdp (old) Icon

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

Goddamn intriguing tho no sr8/psg rules is a bs.
and 7on7, a bs rule too.

Sure. And the hk69 is the usefulst weapon in the whole game. Guy: Just think about it. I wrote, we'll play big maps. turnpike isn't big. subway isn't big. So just imagine how big the maps would be that we would play in this cup. Then think about it, would a 4on4 or 5on5 makes sense on such big maps? No - Because most time you would search your opponent. Fixes? Smaller maps or more Opponents. Smaller maps would change the gameplay too much. I know that thats something you guys cannot imagine as it seems no one really played FTL. So let's look further on it: If we play FTL on small maps like turnpike, you won't need tactic. you have one or two guys defending your flag and the rest of the team is just rushing to the other flag, or something similar. It would be just like CTF, with the exception that the flag runner is the leader cause he gets the most points. Allright - Players like you won't need FTL because they can still play CTF, i understand that...

Now let's look further into it. Having sr8 and psg1 on such big maps (take for example, probably bad one, but just an example: ut4_dealey_b2, or ut4_island) would mean guys will just camp somewhere and aim their opponents. Everytime you wanna run on such a big map, you'll get an sr8 shot in 2 seconds and you're dead. Very funny match, indeed. The gameplay would be much slower than everything we've seen before, or we'll stay at two clans who just sr8 themself.. also funny, but thats simply not FTL. Again: i think you didn't understood what FTL is about. By not having sr8 and psg1, you have to aim much better if you camp and your opponent is far away; also your opponent got a chance to run away. and you won't camp as much as you would be with sr8 and psg1. Sure, at FTL you need to be careful - the game will be slow compared to other game modes. having sr8 and psg1 would slow down it even more.

But thats just my opinion. If there are teams or clans who wanna play FTL, i'd go for it and create a cup. Thats no offense; FTL is something new, as nearly no one, or only a few guys are playing it. Just ask yourself: Would u give it a chance just to see how it works? If so, i'm sure you would find a 6th or 7th ringer.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   V3L3 (old) Icon

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:33 AM

Sure...sure sure.
Why not a standard 5on5 team format with standards map, then?
Whatever, i hope my clan will join in.

#17 User is offline   wdp (old) Icon

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

i answered this already. because imho the standard urt maps aren't useful in FTL. You need bigger maps for FTL. Could work perhaps with tunis and subway at 5on5. still, the gameplay would be more like ctf with a bit of ts at such small maps. thats why bigger maps, should be used. Anyway. just looking for some feedback and input. The exact rules will be determined if we know that ppl are interested in it.

#18 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:15 AM

I'm not a fan for FTL idea. But i agree that if you wanna do this. You'll need some bigger maps to slow down the pace a little on how fast teams runs into each other, to give teams chance to organize.
Other wise it turns into a rush-rush chaos and the whole tactical part is lost.

#19 User is offline   wdp (old) Icon

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

Dunno, for how many players is eagle for example? is a 5on5 playable on that big map?

#20 User is offline   Nightcrawl (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:12 AM

What would the perfect FTL-map be like? When it comes to layout, Compared to say the good/common CTF ones?

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942