• This topic is locked

browser picking up second server Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:00 AM

First, set sv_master5 so it's empty. Second, do seta sv_master2 "master.urbanterror.net:27950". Once those steps are done, drop to a shell on the server and ping master.urbanterror.net. Is the IP address responds 64.62.148.94?

#12 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:57 AM

i have pinged it from home and that is the ip i got i still have yet to do it from the box itself .i will do what you say Illogical. the port should be open i have used it before for a True Combat server that was going

#13 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:29 AM

checked port 27950 and it's open for out going . i just don't understand why the other won't pick up . would them being on the same box with the same ip be doing it to me . i know it shouldn't but i had this problem for a bit but never really cared because the server was private and the other half of the box was serving something else .but i have drop the other game and made it this other UrT server with pb for public . but the only people to see it are ASE
which i think is cutting down on the traffic

#14 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:35 AM

Wil,

I can only help you with the Urban Terror master server as I run it. I can't tell you why something won't appear on the id Software master. Looking at you sig I see the IP address 209.128.231.107, and I cannot find this in the UrT master server, dead or alive. I do see a server ASWP Prime Dial up Paradise on 207.44.248.20:27966.

If I understand you correctly, there should be servers on 209.128.231.107 both ports 27960 and 27961, right? Okay. I can only get a response out of the server on port 27961 (ASWP 3.6 Urt TDM), the other port kicks back a connection reset packet. Remember, I see neither of these on the master.urbanterror.net list. So...

Is there a firewall between the machine running these and the internet? If so, is it properly configured? Have checked to make sure? Are the servers configured properly and have you had someone check your configs? Are there any iptables rules that might interfere with the servers? And lastly I need that ping from the server to master.urbanterror.net.

Hehe, sorry about all the questions, but I'm just covering all the bases.

#15 Guest_Meat_Popsickle

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

illogical, you rock.. thanks for being so helpful. (thx Aars, Hobo and Mav to :) )

Badger seems to be afk...

209.128.231.107:27961 is/was our private server, I just checked and it shows up on the in game browser (usually does but occasionally not), and it always shows up in ASE.

209.128.231.107:27960 is a public server. I should say was on port 27960, because Badger recently changed it to 27970 in hopes of fixing this problem. I've never seen this server in the game browser, I just checked ASE and it's showing 9999 which would fit because I can't raise it in Rcon Commander either, so apparently it's down and I'm not able to restart it atm.

Oh btw, Dial up is my server... it's running 2.6a and not on the same box....

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

sorry meat i swap it again last night for a bit (well the all night )to 27963 but it is back and going on 27970

i have no iptables running there might be a firewall .it is a rented box from somebody i know that runs a internet provider company . the ports are open i can get a game to run on 27950 which i would have to say lets info go in and out on port 27950 . like i have said both my serversd are running the same config (basically) and one shows up and one doesn't .i have never had a problem with them reporting to ASE i can always find both .

thanks again you guys i do apprecaite it.

config:

//*** Administrator Info ***
sets Admin "Wil_Badger"
sets Email "Wil_Badger@hotmail.com"

//*** ASWP NEW JERSEY UrT ***
set sv_hostname "ASWP 3.6 Urt TDM PB enabled"
set g_motd "For Rules & Questions go to http://forums.aswp.net"

//*** General Game Settings ***
set sv_maxclients "12" // The maximum number of connected clients allowed.
set g_maxGameClients "12" // The maximum number of players that can actually join into the game. All other connected clients can only Spectate.
set sv_privateClients "2" // sv_privateClients and sv_privatePassword allow for private slots on the server. Example: If sv_maxclients = 16 and sv_privateClients = 2 then there will be 14 public slots and 2 private.
set g_gametype "3" // 0 = Free-For-All, 1 = Single Player, 3 = Team Deathmatch, 4 = Team Survivor, 5 = Follow the Leader, 6 = Capture and Hold, 7 = CTF
set timelimit "40" // 0 = none
set fraglimit "80" // 0 = none
set g_referee "1" // Enable referee, 1 = enable, 0 = disable
set g_refnoBan "0" // If 1 ref will not be able to ban users
set g_aries "1" // 0 disables aries damage system - not advised

//*** Team Game Settings ***
set g_friendlyFire "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set g_maxteamkills "3" // Number of team kills allowed before kick.
set g_teamkillsforgivetimer "0" // Determines the number of minutes to forgive a tk. 0 is never.
set g_maintainTeam "0"
set g_followEnemy "1" // 0 prevents players from following members of opposing team.
set g_teamForceBalance "1" // Prevent users from joining lopsided teams.
set g_teamAutojoin "0"

//*** Survivor Specific Settings ***
set roundtimelimit "3" // 0 = none
set g_survivorRoundDelay "5" // Delay between rounds in team survivor.
set g_survivorRoundTime "4" // Length of a round in team survivor.

//*** CTF Specific Settings ***
set capturelimit "10" // 0 = none

//*** Passwords ***
set rconpassword "" // Remote administration password.
set g_refPass "" // Set referee password
set sv_privatePassword "" // Password for private slots on server. Client enters password by typing "set password -----" at the console.
set g_password "" // Used to password protect the server. Client enters password by typing "set password -----" at the console.

//*** Warmup ***
set g_doWarmup "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set g_warmup "20" // Warmup time in seconds.
set g_respawnDelay "0"
set g_respawnProtection "7" // Protects players for X seconds after respawn
set g_precipAmount "256"
set g_enablePrecip "2"
seta g_WaveRespawns "0" // wave respawn (1) or traditional respawns (0)

//*** Bot Setup ***
seta bot_aasoptimize "1"
set bot_enable "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set g_spskill "3" // Determines the skill level of the bots on a server variables 1-5, 1 being lowest and 5 being nightmare.
set bot_minplayers "2" // This command manages the addition/removal of autobots. Bots will leave if there is not enough room on the server. As people join, the bots remove themselves one at a time to allow room for the addition of players.

//*** Server Settings ***
set sv_pure "1" // A Pure server will only let users connect if they have the exact same .pk3 files in their q3ut directory as the server does. Helps stop cheaters from using modified code.
set g_allowvote "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set sv_allowdownload "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set g_failedVoteTime "180"
set gamename "q3ut3"
set sv_maxRate "25000" // Sets the maximum allowable rate a client may have set when connected to the server. A suggested setting is 8000 or 10000 so server bandwidth is not used up by high speed clients, thus allowing modem players to have a smoother game.
set logfile "0" // Turn logging on/off
set g_log "svrpb.log" // This is to set the name of the output file. By default it's "games.log".
set g_logsync "1" // Enable buffered logging
set g_logroll "1" // Roll over logs to prevent any one from getting too large
set g_inactivity 3000 // Number of seconds before an inactive player is kicked.
set filterBan "1"
set com_hunkmegs "64"

//*** Master Servers ***
// The server can report to a maximum of 5 master servers.
seta sv_master1 "master3.idsoftware.com" //built in
seta sv_master2 "master.urbanterror.net:27950"
seta sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"
seta sv_master4 "clanservers.net"
seta sv_master5 ""

//*** Punkbuster ***
pb_sv_enable 1
seta sv_punkbuster "1"
exec punkbuster.cfg

//*** Map Rotation ***
set g_mapcycle "tdmcycle.txt"
map ut_docks

#17 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:42 PM

ok i tried to ping your server and would hit it with out the port on the but when ever i added the port i would get no responce.

now here is a question where exactly does the ingame browser get the info from you or from the quake master server with a filter applied .

#18 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:14 AM

seta sv_master2 "master.urbanterror.net:27950"
-> there is no reason to add the port...27950 is default anyway

the ingame browser queries the id master (master3.idsoftware.com)

#19 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:32 AM

ya since posting this thread i have changed it to not have the port . and i could really careless about that it doesn't get picked up by master.urban browser.sorry Illogical i mean it would be nice to have it work but most people that are new to the game try to use the ingame browser believe it or not . i don't understand why myself but hey what can you do..

well anyway i will continue to try and figure it out . it could be something with the provider but i know the one reports in game so i don't understand why the other won't

#20 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:55 AM

is that the same phyical box?
if not, are u redirecting ports in your firewall or sumthin?

http://www.ethereal.com/ <- a network sniffer. will help u finding out if the server tries (and also if successfully or not) to send the heartbeat.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942