Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

transparancey Model and shader issue Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_XG8

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:05 AM

This is pretty much my first time import model and shaders to GTKradiant... and ive run into abit of a glitch...

Ive been going by this tutorial
http://www.mikesteve...dtutorial01.htm

I dont have 3dmax, but ive been using milkshape 3d.. ive manage to make a model texture it... edit the qc file and export it as a .md3 file and works find in GtKradiant and in UrT..

However I decided i would do the bottom tutorial where adding vegetation... I make the shader it goes into the scripts folder and i make the rest of the model... while editing the following information... in the qc file...

However when it comes to viewing the bush1 model it shows up, but there is no transpancey where its supposed to be.. so i can see black square around the bush image..

Ive put everything where everthing is supposed to be and edited all the files... just no transparancey... in gtkradiant or in urt.

#2 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:21 PM

Does the texture not require an alpha channel for it to be transparent in Q3? That's why they allow the use of .tga files as textures, because .jpg files do not support an alpha channel properly.

So have you made an alpha channel and saved the texture as a .tga with the channel included?

#3 Guest_XG8

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:49 PM

I stuffed.. up i didnt directed it properly to the right texture in the shader file.

#4 User is offline   Donner (old) Icon

• LocationMelbourne - Australia

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

Glad you got it sorted out.

Now, any screenshots for us? :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942