• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:06 AM

Intends to port their maps to UTET when it comes out?

Right now we have a HUGE assortment of q3ut maps and even though some of them don't support all modes we still have a massive amount of choices.

My concern is with the advent of UTET we will have a major dearth of 3rd party maps available. Don't get me wrong. I like the SID maps but one tends to get a bit bored with them since they seem to be the only maps on a LOT of servers.

#2 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:23 PM

I plan on porting at least two of my maps. One of which is not released yet.

#3 Guest_Maximus

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:03 PM

I feel my maps didn't have what it take to play part in Urban Terror. The last one (ut_forest) was a little fun and played on some servers. But I don't intend on porting it.

I am planning on making some other maps though soon. I'm looking into some guides and tutorials and different why to approach mapping. There is a lot to learn for me. I feel I can best do this with a fresh start. :lol:

#4 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

I feel my maps didn't have what it take to play part in Urban Terror. The last one (ut_forest) was a little fun and played on some servers. But I don't intend on porting it.

I am planning on making some other maps though soon. I'm looking into some guides and tutorials and different why to approach mapping. There is a lot to learn for me. I feel I can best do this with a fresh start. :lol:

No no, please. We, [TLW][, loved UT_FOREST very much ;) . It would be very nice from you to port it. I also love to see more from you.
If there is anything left, an old beta or whatever, call me @ URBANBASE.NET ;)

I would like to encourage all the 3rd Party Mappers that have done maps so far for URBAN TERROR to port their maps to the ET|UT thing.

Atm, we have approx. over 300 Maps (3rd Party) and when the port is there, how it looks now, over 80 % of all those 3rd Party Maps will not be ported. But this would minimize the variety of URBAN TERROR Maps in total.

Sure, we can play Casa 40000000 and Docks 3893737 and Abbey Gold ;) or whatever, many people see as the crown of Mapping since a few years. But there are still so much Maps that would be also nice played in the ET|UT Port.

I don´t intend to give up all the Maps from UrT just because of ET|UT :) !!!

PLEASE MAPPERS, PORT YOUR MAPS TO THE NEW UrT !!!!!!! :)

Wolfseye :roll:

#5 Guest_Hunter McGhoo

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:34 PM

i´ll port ut_labyrinth someday :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:52 PM

Just my humble opinion, but I think that only some maps should be ported, basically anything that gets played or should be played. If a mapper made a map that didn't really work out, then it makes way more sense for him to spend his time and energy on a new map for ETUT that might incorporate what he's learned in the past to make a better map.

#7 Guest_Maximus

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:21 PM

Bludshot is correct. I appreciate the kind words Wolfie ;) but not enough people were interested. Anyway, as I told you, I lost the builds, so I don't even have to think about it.

Gonna concentrate on something new!

#8 Guest_PB

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:24 AM

Maximus dont be modest even though the map doesnt get played very much ut_forest rulez. Your an artist keep it up. I remember the map very well. Thats all that counts right?

#9 Guest_rustytnt

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:09 PM

omg HUnter...thats one of my all time favourites!!
You will not port it over 'one day', you will do it ASAP

And the rest of you...I lifetime of SID only maps will make me cry, I want those third party ones up and going too because nothings better than getting lost on new and different maps and not having the same ole mongrels camping the same ole routes on the same ole maps again and again and again and again....
You WILL port those maps..

Or else.... muahahaHAHAHAHH :twisted:

#10 User is offline   overlord (old) Icon

• LocationThe bitter cold north of the royal kingdom of Sweden on the homeplanet of the Tauri.

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:37 AM

Personaly i don't think i wil port any map over to UTET, i will soon finish ut_streetfight3, after that i have another map project i want to work on, but that will be a UTET map and not Q3UT3

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942