Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

CTF Map Cycle Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   String3R (old) Icon

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

I was wondering what everyone thought would be a solid ctf map cycle and which maps to avoid. Thanks

#2 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

Depends on the server's player capacity? How many playerslots do you have open?

You dont want to be playing turnpike/abbey etc when there's 20+ people on the server.

[table]
[tr]
[td]
Smaller Servers:
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
Larger Servers:
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
abbey
algiers
austria
casa
harbortown
herring
kingdom
prague
ramelle
riyadh
sanc
subway
toxic
turnpike
tunis
uptown

[/td][td][/td]
[td]
austria
ambush
casa
eagle
harbortown
kingdom
oildepot
ramelle
riyadh
suburbs
superman
thingley
tombs

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

I wanted to put crossing in there somewhere but couldn't decide which column. Its big, so it should fit the larger servers, but the flags are too close to the spawns for it to be playable with big numbers.

#3 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

reg maps: abbey, casa, uptown, kingdom, sanc, abbeyctf, turnpike (but its overplayed and im sick of it), subway (my fav, but almost impossible to cap in a large server)

custom maps/old maps: ut_berch, ut4_desolate_rc1, ut_txantrea_beta2, ut_jihad, ut_stone_ville, ut4_boxtrot_x2, ut4_hexagon_v1, ut4_honeyride_b2, ut4_asylum_b1

add them together and you have my dream cycle. however there is a problem, people in this game seem to only want to play on an all reg map server or all custom map server. if you do all reg maps with maybe 1 or 2 quality custom maps in there it often works. but people are like sheep, you have to make a starting cycle to get players and keep them, then once your server has a following and is almost always full you can put whatever map you want in and the sheeple will stay with the flock.

#4 User is offline   String3R (old) Icon

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

people are like sheep, you have to make a starting cycle to get players and keep them, then once your server has a following and is almost always full you can put whatever map you want in and the sheep will stay with the flock.
Thanks Lee nice advice

#5 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:16 AM

np, i find that smaller maps are better to start with so the few people that first join arent running in circles looking for each other. not all of the maps i listed are great for a starting cycle. people dont seem to like abbeyctf, i love it so i had to add it. also, nulls signature reminded me that i forgot to say mandolin  :lol: which is another map people dont care for as you can see by the vote, which also validates my comment on turnpike lol . i think mandolin is a good map, but it seems like people hold grudges against maps in this game and can not let themselves have fun on them anymore, which is a shame.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942