Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FPS Question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   krofek (old) Icon

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

Greetings,

For starters: I've read the FAQ and everything.

I've got a fps issue. I had a 9800pro card and it started doing artefacts, then i changed it to a x800pro.
Now the fps is somehow lower and the fps drops are huge. The fps drops to 30 or so (the worst is in abbey central even when it's empty :S and on algiers camel [this one can get crowded, but it happens also when noone is around], the mouse buttons gets stuck when that happens oO. I've tried everything. Changing the config, formating the pc, installing the latest ATI drivers and so on, I've tried lowering the resolution, lowering the textures...

Anyway my pc is at it follows:
x800pro
sempron 2500+@2GHz
nforce 2 nf7
noname 1,5GB ram

got all the latest drivers. Could that be the problem? I had some problems too on my 9800pro with the newer drivers. So i had to play with the 6.12 or sth. like that. I'd try some older drivers but the newer games work fine. I have problems only with urt :D The game I miss the most :(.

#2 User is offline   krofek (old) Icon

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

already tried that, it's not that i have 30 fps only on drops, usually it gets up to 120 then down to 100 then 90 then 120 then 30 :D and so on.

The cpu is not the matter imho, i had the same cpu with my r9800 and the fps were higher.

#3 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

i think its the sempron.

it may be newer then the athlon xp but the athlon xp still gives out more performance.

are you using a socket a motherboard?

#4 User is offline   krofek (old) Icon

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

Yeah, but as i said, i had the same cpu with my r9800. The only reason may be the gpu is too much for the cpu. I'll try installing older drivers when i have more time tho. I'll tell then what happens.

#5 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

hmm id say that your video card is being bottlenecked.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   krofek (old) Icon

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

that may be the reason yeah.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942