Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

trying to find my maps Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   [TDGS] Spetsnaz (old) Icon

• LocationMaine

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hey guys,

Me and my friends love playing this game in our college dorm over a WLAN. The thing is, is that a few friends of ours only got the game to play with us, so they only have the stock maps. When we WLAN, it's over a strictly local network, so there's no way they can autodownload the maps if I specified a URL (which I can't do from the simple start server menu, though I imagine I could if I started the dedicated server application). So basically, since usually there's only 4-6 of us playing, there's only a couple maps we can play without getting lost in the hugeness of it all. I thought to myself "well hey, why don't I just copy the map files to my flash drive and stick them on everybody's computer?" Well, I can't find any of the damned maps. I'm looking in C:Program FilesUrban Terrorq3ut4 and there are no map files. There's just 2 pk3's: "zpak000.pk3" and "zpak000_assets.pk3". My friend looked in the same place and couldn't find any of the stock maps. I even tried making sure hidden files showed up and there was still nothing. If you guys could just tell me which folder they're in that'd be great... I'd like to play on a reasonably sized map other than dressing room or mandolin for once. I did a few searches here, and came up with nothing so if the problem is presented clear as day somewhere don't hate me for this :P

Many thanks,

~ Spetsnaz

Oh, and obviously my urban terror works fine, no problems - it loads maps perfectly, I just don't know from where :-/

#2 User is offline   Drezil Icon

• Account: drezil

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

under linux and mac they end up in your homedir ..
maybe give %APPDIR% a try .. (%APPDIR% normally yields to c:Documents and SettingsUsernameApplication Data or sth. like that)
or just search for *.pk3 in the search-dialog :D

#3 User is offline   [TDGS] Spetsnaz (old) Icon

• LocationMaine

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

I tried the search thing and it only brought up the aforementioned pk3's...

-EDIT-

I forgot to mention I'm running vista if that makes a difference (it probably does)

#4 User is offline   Crazylys Icon

• Account: crazylys

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

The "stock maps" are builtin zpak000_assets.pk3. So you can't see them as single files.
Only custom maps, if you have installed/downloaded some on your computer, appear as something like ut4_*.pk3. They are in the same folder than zpak000_assets.pk3 on Windows XP (I don't know for Vista)

#5 User is offline   [TDGS] Spetsnaz (old) Icon

• LocationMaine

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

Yeah that's weird I'm not seeing anything and I have a shit-ton of custom maps. I play on Rud's custom maps religiously and I can see them all in the map list when I go to start a server... hm... and there's nothing in my appdata folder either.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

Check the FAQ. It shows possible locations on vista.

#7 User is offline   [TDGS] Spetsnaz (old) Icon

• LocationMaine

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:25 AM

If you have Vista and have Urban Terror installed in the 'Program Files' directory and don't use 'run as admin' on Urban Terror, you can find it at C:Users.yourname.AppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgram FilesUrbanTerrorq3ut4 (this is a hidden directory, so enable those in the folder options).

Thanks woekele! =D

that's the one.

#8 User is offline   pDoGG (old) Icon

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Spetsnaz link=topic=13162.msg175214#msg175214 date=1226449514]
Thanks woekele! =D

that's the one.

I've been looking for this for forever!  I had my graphics settings messed up and killing the .cfg file under here reset it. I also now know where it was putting downloaded maps.

Glad you posted this.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942