Urban Terror Forums: Division for the Asia-Pacific Region at Urban Zone CTF League - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Division for the Asia-Pacific Region at Urban Zone CTF League Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: eya
  • Main tag: UZ|admin

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

We received our first application from an Australian team at Urban Zone. Since having an Australian team compete with European teams could prove difficult, we decided to offer teams from Australia and the Asia-Pacific region the opportunity to compete at Urban Zone in their own division.

All we need from you guys is a minimum of four teams (so three more :) ) and a few people who would be willing to perform referee duties for this division. We offer the background, experience and resources of a league which is about to start its fifth season and is willing to do the best to make things work.

The teams need to sign up at http://www.urban-zone.org/league/ - you can find all instructions in the website.

The people who believe they have the time to help out as referees, need to send their short applications to league@urban-zone.org giving us a few details about themselves, their experience, language skills and any other relevant information. Do not forget to include a reference to applying for the position of a referee for the Asia-Pacific division ;) We would prefer if these people actually came from the region since they need to be able to recognize any specific needs a division like this might have.

So, here's your opportunity, grab it :)

http://www.urban-zone.org/league/
irc: irc.quakenet.org  #urban-zone

#2 User is offline   kp10.Terror (old) Icon

• LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

Are there actually any Asia-Pacific teams outside of Australia? I've signed up my team (the Australian one mentioned) with the goal of playing some new teams, having already played everyone in Australia.

#3 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

There are clans in japan and new zealand. hopefully this one division will attract more players and thus more clans creating the chain reaction it did in europe, then maybe we can create a league in itself for the asia-pacific region.

About your participation with europ clans, urban-zone is for european clans primarily, this is because of ping issues, we have had 1 american clan participate but eventually this wasn't a big success. I wouldn't like to think of the ping issues (400 ping) between europe and asia :)

#4 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

there were some teams actually, looking for competition in these forums. hopefully they will show up and sign up.

the problem with australian teams playing vs euro teams is pings. we euros are generally very touchy about that, there are teams who have probs playing turkish clans or at turkish servers, and that means pings for either side at 100-120 (mostly). competition with us clans is pretty small to non-existent, some of it for the very same reason. now throw in the deal of euro and australian pings and you've hit a jackpot of bitching, whining and some other stuff I can't even think of at the moment. even if you've arranged for a server half-way between.

that said, I do hope more teams from the region sign up. there are euro teams who'd play anyone under half decent conditions, they just need to know you exist. and this will help you make those teams aware of your existence.

And for good measure :) :
http://www.urban-zone.org/league

#5 User is offline   chiller (old) Icon

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

I also play for kp10.

To be honest the reason we decided to join this ladder was because in the Aus/Asian region there is no competition. Having said that, I am only including Australian / New Zealand clans. I really didn't think that any Asian teams payed this game apart from |CC|, in which I have played in their server multiple times. Yes ping will be an issue, but we are looking to extend out of the Aus/Asian zone and move internationally as for the reasons above.

If this league did run, would there be any American / Euro teams that would compete? I believe, we are happy to play with higher / lower pings and work around your times.

If any teams would like to speak with us, we prefer to use Ventrilo or our clan forums,

www.clankp10.com - Vent info is on here / www.clankp10.com/forums

Cheers, chiller.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Jay (old) Icon

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

hey guys, this is Jay from the |CC|clan

|CC| is definately looking for competition and I happened to stumble upon this thread just now and decided to register and reply to this thread

I wonder how many clans signed up for this division besides kp10?

#7 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

try and encourage other asia-pacific clans to sign up and maybe next season we'll have enough signups, btw afaik the signups for season 6 are not open yet  :-)

#8 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

we had three signups from the area, that was not enough for a separate division. like 7of9 said, bring a couple more teams and a few volunteers to help out, and we can get the competition going for you. signups will probably open soonish, have a look at our website from time to time.

http://www.urban-zone.org/league/

#9 User is offline   Jay (old) Icon

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

we can think of 3clans SD,WOO2K and V.A. who can join this league

:D

#10 User is offline   Jay (old) Icon

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

lets go and spread the words to all the clans in the asia-pacific region to sign up

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942