Urban Terror Forums: UT-MapDepot.com Mapping Contest 2004: Progress Report #2 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UT-MapDepot.com Mapping Contest 2004: Progress Report #2 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:01 AM

Hey everyone,

Seems a lot of you were very anxious to see the second progress report from our mappers in the contest. It seems we've lost another 5 mappers. MungoZen, |nv|s, illogical, sinni, and drewhet. I did not receive their reports before midnight last night. I have given them until tomorrow night to contact me with a good reason why it wasn't submitted. If they can I'll re-enter them. All this means is the field will be tighter and the competition more fierce.

The full report, including screenshots and news from the mappers can be found here.

Please don't forget to give the mappers some comments, always fuels them on.

#2 Guest_Acetone

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

Wow! I read the first progress report which I thought was great. This one is just spectacular!

Kudos to the mappers and the work they have accomplished thus far. This friendly spirited competition seems to be bring out the best in them. I for one, just can't wait to play All these new maps when they are completed.

I hope the other mappers who haven't met their report deadline will be able to continue. Maybe they've been mapping so much that they forgot about the report!

As always, much thanks and appreciation to midgetkiller for not only putting his time and effort into this contest and the depot, but also his financial contributions.

Good luck to all the mappers!

#3 User is offline   Dark Devil (old) Icon

• LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:08 PM

wOOt! Great Report! GL to all mappers :D

#4 Guest_Meat_Popsickle

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:55 PM

Maps are looking good... I can't wait to play them.... Mappers... plz GOD make the TDM spawns less than retarded?

#5 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:13 PM

TDM sucks :roll:

Looking good everyone.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   NakedAssassin (old) Icon

• Location55.56°N 4.01°W

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:50 AM

TDM only sucks because hardly anybody plays it and because none of the SID maps seem to have the spawns corrected. We have taken a good couple of players from TDM land, taught them some tactics and turned them into gods on CTF and TS. Definitely has its uses. But back to the main point....

Great work!! Lets hope some of the reknowned mappers can get their entries up to speed, if not then too bad I s'pose. The work still in progress is looking great, and I can't wait to play some of the new stuff.

#7 User is offline   Donner (old) Icon

• LocationMelbourne - Australia

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:12 AM

So we know MadHorse is out. And sinni most likely no internet.

Any news from the other 3 entrants not featured in this report? (|nv|s, illogical, drewhet)

[edit] NM. I read ut-mapdepot front page news. Shame, I do hope they finish their maps.

#8 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:22 AM

taught them some tactics and turned them into gods on CTF and TS. Definitely has its uses.

this made me lol ... considering the average skill of a tdm player compared to ts or ctf ..

When i play tdm its a bad map if i die more than 4 times :S

Its not that they aim bad per se .. just that they dont generally navigate situations with a great deal of creativity..

I agree that some maps would benefit from tdm .. at least the tdm community would benefit from them being there ... Although i dont understand why admins of a tdm server would include maps like uptown when clearly thats a disaster of a map for tdm ..

Also i dont understand why mappers cant take that extra time to add the tdm key to their spawns.

#9 User is offline   NakedAssassin (old) Icon

• Location55.56°N 4.01°W

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:31 PM

taught them some tactics and turned them into gods on CTF and TS. Definitely has its uses.

this made me lol ... considering the average skill of a tdm player compared to ts or ctf

http://www.forums.ur...opic.php?t=2090

Lets leave the TDM from this thread and carry it on at the URL above...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942