Urban Terror Forums: random computer bug pos. caused by explorer.exe - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

random computer bug pos. caused by explorer.exe Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   opium Icon

• Account: opium

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

okay so while i am on my ocmputer, the monitor flickers real quick and the cpu usage spikes to upper 90% even though nothing past xfire, winamp and firefox are running, it keeps doing this and it slows down everything including rocketdock, internet, everything.
any idea what this could be?

#2 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

hm, virus? o_O

#3 User is offline   opium Icon

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

no. i system restored everything back til early january.

so it erased a ton of glitches.

never using explorer again. emerge keeps shit running right.

#4 User is offline   Minimum Rage (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

explorer.exe is a real pain in the ass
that's why I use blackbox for windows (bblean) as shell and total commander as file manager. My system boots faster and my shell doesnt crash every fuckin hour. You can edit the source code as you wish btw.

#5 User is offline   opium Icon

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

keeps happening. f'k my computer its so trashed. complete redo over spring break. f'k a. shit never works right. i hate computers

edit: got bblean. so far i <3 it. its so awesome. i need a sweet background tho.
also. by default the "taskbar" is at the top. how do i move it to the bottom?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Mission85 Icon

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

omg! i just installed bblean, <3  o ya.. i like it. loads faster and looks nicer :evil: :-D.  woot!

#7 User is offline   opium Icon

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:18 AM

just had it crash. plus its too much shit for me to do. im lazy as hell.

whatever back to explorer for now. i think i solved the problem. it wasnt explorer, it was emerge fucking my shit up.

#8 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

bblean looks ok I suppose BUT, can I move the bar to the bottom and make it autohide? Also will I still be able to have icons on my desktop? I use a lot of things in the quickbar BUT I also like to have a few things on my desktop plus I download directly to my desktop and move things from there to where I want them

#9 User is offline   opium Icon

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

meh i got litestep and so far its sooo nice. i dont know why people knock it. any problem i had i was capable of fixing myself. which is a huge plus. plus it looks pretty

#10 User is offline   Mission85 Icon

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

ok, u have to get a plugin called bbiconbox, also.. when u want to change settings for some of the things, u need to ctrl+rightclick them, you will be able to change where there positioned. Only problem is that it shows icons and when u mouse over them it does a tooltip to tell u what it is, so if u have multiple of the same type of files on your desktop it might take a sec to find it. Also you can make it autohide the iconbox, and top bar.

You can change the size of the icons and how many columns on the iconbox.

Edit: hmm... not sure which i wanna use.. i like both, but litestep allows you to view your regular desktop icons.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942