Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Strange lag ping (25-50)

#1 User is offline   Sxott (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:00 AM

I love Urt, and all that so don't get angry.

I have really bad issues with lag/warp of myself. Other players told me it is because I have high flux in my ping. It goes between 25 and 50 never higher. Before 3.3 everything was beautiful and I did not warp to anyone I played with, however now things are horrible. Every third shot or so doesn't fire. When I reload and jump into the fray it turns out I did not reload afterall. The computer decides I should keep walking after I stop (off a cliff) or that I should stop in mid air over a chasm.

Succintly it is horrible, is this because of anti-warp code? I really want to know b/c it has made it unplayable for me and is very frustrating.

I plan on getting a new hard drive in about 1.5 weeks at which time it is a fresh install that I hope to the gods of gaming will fix it, but if not I would like your help please!

edit: btw I have been with the community forever since the days of pool playing hk69 (b/c they would bounce across map), but had to redo my password when you made the new forums...

#2 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:56 AM

Sounds like antiwarp is owning you. Find a server with it disabled =] Probably you were already warping pre-3.3, but you didnt notice yourself, cuz anitwarp didnt excist back then.

How to fix? Make sure theres no other services on your computers running that use bandwith, also other computers in your home that might be on ssame connection... I cant think of smt else right now

#3 Guest_Boo

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:17 AM

actually anti warp existed in 3.3 :P

probably in this new version most servers have it enabled and they didn't before (in 3.3)

#4 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:30 AM

If you see black bars in the netgraph, then antiwarp is screwing with you. If not, it's something else.

#5 User is offline   Sxott (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:31 PM

There is a black bar on a regular basis. I can almost always see one, so it takes just a bit longer than the netgraph is wide for them to come.

I have a router, but I checked and with no one else on the network and all other computers off it continues.

Do youguys have any other hints?

Oh and BTW I never warped before seriously I asked folks I played with and they said I never warped except youi know when the server was dying and everyone's ping shot over 200.

Is there some network setting I can put on? I dunno I want to do something to fix it if possible. I just bought a new router (dlink 624) as well but it will be 1.5 weeks before it gets here so I wil cross my fingers and hope that does something to benifit me.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:52 PM

It could be factors outside your home... Like yur internetcompany or whatever.

#7 Guest_methodtim

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:41 PM

Do a tracert to the server ip address (sans the port number). I was experiencing this with a 50 ping on my server and couldn't figure out why until I did the trace route and saw that one of the internediary hops was replying with a 250 ping. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do but wait until my ISP fixed it.

#8 User is offline   Sxott (old) Icon

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:28 PM

Ok I did a tracert, but I don't know what it means I get three values are they just seperate tries to figure out the average time?

1,1,1 ms to router
14,16,15 ms to isp
15,17,17 ms
23,22,* <--- is that star bad?

That is the whole list to the server I usualy play on (fsk405)

There is a star that I don't understand does it mean it is probably the problem?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942