Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TDM (continued from another thread) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NakedAssassin (old) Icon

• Location55.56°N 4.01°W

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:30 PM

taught them some tactics and turned them into gods on CTF and TS. Definitely has its uses.

this made me lol ... considering the average skill of a tdm player compared to ts or ctf

The "average" TDM player is probably quite new to Urban Terror, and probably doesn't care about things such as binds/scripts to improve himself, he just wants to come out and shoot and kill others. The "average" TDM players also probably doesn't know the way the maps work for CTF/TS. The "average" TDM player probably won't utilise a lot of jumps during his play.

Take a guy who has a good aim though, and who consistently can whoop everyone's asses at TDM and bring him into your group of CTF/TS players and you will have a winner. Take {EmS}Walter Sobchak, a star on the Texas DM servers. We convinced him to come and run flags with us, and gave him a few matches. Now he's running flags with a 1.2-1.6 kill/death ratio DURING MATCHES consistently, and taking down 2/3 guys per round in TS. Makes everyone on our team's lives easier. I too started out on TDM... I know that it is a lot to take in to learn the right strats and the variances in maps and the gameplay for new gamemodes but I did OK too. Nothing to stop this being true for other players.

You (mrp) and others might frown on TDM as an 'inferior' gamemode. I say you should give it and the players a bit of respect.

#2 Guest_Druish_Princess

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:41 PM

I, too, play TDM on occasion, and used to play it quite a bit.

For one, you can just join up and go frag. It's fun, it dosen't require much team play or strategy (but a good team of players playing as a team will whoop a team that's not)--it's closer to Quake DM in that regard. Casual frag-fests are great, I think. It's an excelent way to hone your skills, for noobs and pros alike. Sometimes I just need to split some wigs for 5-10 minutes, and TDM is there for me.

The average CTF game requires much more concetration, and I typically stay for the whole round, and I also typically play CTF or TS when I think I won't be interrupted by family or business... Which is to say less than TDM.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942