Urban Terror Forums: !!! A few words to the whole Community !!! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

!!! A few words to the whole Community !!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:21 PM

;) Hey URT Community ;)

I had a nice talk to "BladeKillr" a few minutes ago. And now I do know a lot more of these restrictions, than ever before. The Restrictions you have to accept when you do a MOD of any kind for any game whatsoever.

There are more bounds as you can imagine. But the problem is, those things the "normal" User, as myself, never knew. And to be honest, do you all read the complete EULA when you install a software ?? No, most of us don´t. And even maybe then we would not know all, what company´s like SID has to do, before they are allowed to make a MOD like this.

So, maybe a PM after my first post, about those details would have been enough so I knew why it isn´t so easy. And this whole Discussion would not have been necessary. I wasn´t feeling very well about this, to speak that way but in my "not-knowing" all of these things, I did not seen all this. So, now, I know a lot more, maybe not even all, but enough to say, this was my fault to try to force a Release of this hosted for the community.

Heldenhaft[TF] Posted Image did a great Job with this Installer, but we all didn´t know all this little details, that speak for theirself. So people, even if I don´t like it, but those compromises to build such an great MOD are strongly enough reason for don´t releasing some like this again, even if it would be great, and it is great.

So what I wish from SID is, that they do an extra Section in their Forum, or better the Homepage itself, where those things, those important things, are pointed out so anyone knows before, why and why not.

EULA´s maybe not getting read while Installations but when I see this somewhere on the Homepage, i probably had looked before, and then I had knew this.

URBANBASE is still a site for helping the Community, not for destroying it with "not-knowing" Actions. Help is, why i started URBANBASE in the first place so I hope you ppl still think not bad about me. It was not in my intentions to run this "fight show", I just did not know all, probably like most of us. Mostly we are not interested enough in such details, so we dont know.

I hope maybe an not so "illegal" Installer with some things more than the PAK´s itself would be coming in the next time. I would like this. And of course i would host it as well.

Greetings from Germany ;)

Wolfseye ;)

#2 User is offline   Delerius Icon

• Account: delerius

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:31 PM

man urbanbase is tight man keep up that nice work

#3 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:33 PM

There will not be any new sections created.

#4 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:35 PM

and its not needed as well. if ure going to do an installer talk to SID ffs. btw, i dont think redistributing ase is legal (just a guess)

#5 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:43 PM

Why are we getting into this again, is beyond me. SID can only speak for its software, not that of id or ASE or whoever else software you are including.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:46 PM

that is what im sayin, os ;)

#7 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:56 PM

asdf;asldfkjas;ldfkjas;dlfkjas;dlfkjasd;lfkjasd;flkajsf;laskjfas;lfkjasd;lfkj

N1 Wolf, Urbanbase is a n1 website, great download speeds, and it's to bad ppl make so much trouble out of this, even though I understand why (and now so do you).

Good post.

#8 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:22 PM

okay, now lets get on with out lives and idd, urbanbase is a great site :D I even made a banner + link to it on my site :D (the one in signature)

#9 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:43 PM

I have never questioned the website, that is not the case in this.

#10 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:58 PM

Let´s just let it go from now on. Story is finished, and I don´t want to hear about any of this anymore.

But thx to all still holding on to me. ;)

Wolfseye

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942