• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eurovision Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Damit, they piss me off. Most countries take it completely nationalistic and in this country they take it like that to the bone. Bunch of trash socialites trying to convince us what to vote and what to not vote (to 'smart vote'). Thank gods most people have realized what a bs that is and they vote either out of personal preference or reactionary, or not at all since they don't care at all.

Aaarg, they were saying "and you know who not to vote right?" *(meaning to vote not the ones likely to win over your country). OMG you trash idiots, you are supposed to be from the country that had democracy in ancient times, not from Orwellian Nazi trash idiot land.

#2 User is offline   autoaim.cfg 2.0 (old) Icon

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

Finland is proud to once again return to their glorious jumbo victories of coming in dead last, like we're used to in Eurovision. We've got a tradition to defend here. It's not a good ESC if we don't come in dead last, preferably with zero points. How can you compete with brilliant shit like

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nB9TgTU-yIk

I mean, in the end we sent in fûcking LORDI, just to see if it was possible to achieve a negative score. But wouldn't you know... Lordis act was so insanely bad that it won... go figure...

Anyway... I actually think that Greece was completely robbed this year, cause their shit was the epitome of Eurovision.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RnAJjXuY5YM

It doesn't GET any more "Eurovision" that this, yo... That one should honestly have won. It's classic ESC stuff.

Here's the final score table, btw:

http://www.autoaim.org/esc2009.png

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RnAJjXuY5YM

It doesn't GET any more "Eurovision" that this, yo... That one should honestly have won. It's classic ESC stuff.

lol. totally campy indeed.

the public channel and and the idiots around it are pretty much the only ones still taking it seriously. This year they didn't even succeed convincing their sheeple to vote 'smartly' since they gave 10 to Norway in the end. Lordi got 12 too.

This is destined to fail IMO as long as it stays nationally-centered. If they want to take it seriously they should start a democratic process that isn't based a) On phones that are randomly exploited b) Strictly on countries. Take it on a private-leagues type of level and
wtf am I talking about. Waste of time. This is art, it shouldn't be in leagues at all. I'm only talking about it 'cause they piss me 'cause they're talking about it.

#4 User is offline   autoaim.cfg 2.0 (old) Icon

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

Like clockwork, every year the best entries get robbed. Welcome to Eurovision.

http://www.autoaim.org/esc_voting.jpg

The above (by now classic) image is so absolutely true it's mindblowing... but that's how it is, yeah.

You make a good point about national voting being one of the main reasons this is (and perhaps always has been) a complete shambles. A transeuropean telephone voting system without national ties would be better perhaps? But then again, its not as fun if we can't bitch and moan about who was robbed and whatnot a couple of days afterwards each year?

:wink:

#5 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

Damit, they piss me off. Most countries take it completely nationalistic and in this country they take it like that to the bone. Bunch of trash socialites trying to convince us what to vote and what to not vote (to 'smart vote'). Thank gods most people have realized what a bs that is and they vote either out of personal preference or reactionary, or not at all since they don't care at all.

Aaarg, they were saying "and you know who not to vote right?" *(meaning to vote not the ones likely to win over your country). OMG you trash idiots, you are supposed to be from the country that had democracy in ancient times, not from Orwellian Nazi trash idiot land.

I got put off watching that a while ago, mainly because it got to the point where I could predict who got the 12 points simply by which country it was (still got a number right this year, mostly the balkans), some seriously awful racist voting. Whatever they did this year worked though the UK was finally able to get some points and I thought our song was pretty boring, preferred Estonia song wise and singer wise :D, and germany was good though not the song, just dita von teese not wearing much got my vote :P

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

I have NO IDEA of what your talking about, maybe ill google later....

#7 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

dita von teese in the german entry, wait till about halfway through the video for the cameras to sort it out and focus on the only worthwhile thing in the performance :P

#8 User is offline   Poppy Icon

• Account: poppy
  • Main tag:

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

I'm glad dita von tease was in it
she is so sexy

also i am stocked that Norway won
not only is he young
and dreamy
he can play the violin extremely well

BUT
i do understand eurovision is rigged
always has been
always will be

now i shall go oogle at pictures of alexander rybak

#9 User is offline   agbd 2.0 (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

I want to stick my pork sword in Hadise.

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

oh don't worry UK isn't unscathed from the political crap:

Putin wanted to not look totally anti-european for having 'stolen' the eurovision since he's usually anti-european politically so he said 'who is the most western country in europe? that's what I'm gonna promote' and that's what he did in the name of diplomacy; he even had a personal meeting with the composer playing piano and openly said he's promoting UK.

and this year it was 50% phone calls but also 50% 'musical committees'.

it's all bull.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942