Urban Terror Forums: Suggestion...no suggestion forum now?? general it shall be. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion...no suggestion forum now?? general it shall be. Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:20 PM

suggestion #1
before the FINAL actual "we're not kidding this time" release for q3 Urt is out, is it at all possible to get the spawns in ut_Uptown fixed??

it seems sid doesnt support the TDM community as much.. but believe it or not there are still servers that play this map despite its random spawns...uptown was such a great map when we had the spawns right.

suggestion #2
hmm i want a TDM league...will be a lot of fun, maybe some of the hardcore TS or CTF players will take some interest. if anyone is willing to help out and build a website, i'll be contributing $$$ for hosting and such...drop a line mycollapsingframe@Hotmail.com

ahh i can hear it now...go ahead bash tdm...you knooooow you want to. laff.

#2 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:39 PM

I thought the spawns in TDM were fixed already???

Anywayz, about the TDM-cup, I think theres one already on urbanbase.de... not sure though...

#3 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:55 PM

* Made TDM use TS spawns if no TDM spawns around

Seems to me like it's been fixed :roll:

#4 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:29 PM

No need for a suggestion forum, since most suggestions were preposterous and were not going to be added. They can be made in the General Forum now. Not to mention the mod is pretty much over in terms of new content.

SID supports its game, TDM is not a true "team" concept with an objective. We have said that more than once.

As for spawns, we have not heard from battleCow, so unless we have the map file, chances are slim it will be fixed by the mapper and not by the fact that tdm would default to ts IF not included in the map file.

#5 User is offline   Dragonne Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: dragonne

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:37 AM

It works fine. You don't get your nice spawn groups like maps that actually support TDM, but at least it doesn't pick one spawn for everyone. :P

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:50 AM

yah i guess that works...but like os said even if you cant get a hold of battlecow can you guys give it the TS spawns?? that would work fine...pretty much the same anyway...the random spawn thing is just annoying thats all...seems out of place when all the other spawns are fixed,,,hell even the pg-27 map has real spawns and that aint right!!!! lol good map with real spawns.

i guess the only thing i dont like about the random spawn thing is that it seems almost all the random spawn points are on the east end of the map, and the west spawn was always my favorite to get...or any spawn for that matter where there arent a horde of enemies around.

#7 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:57 AM

Not true actually. If we dont have the .map file, which is how you edit a map in something liek GtkRadiant, you will need to decompile the map to get to this file, then retexture. So, if we have the .map file is would be considerably easier.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942