Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new help for new map Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   negoziatore (old) Icon

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

Finally i did my d-day map, lot of people play from morning to evening in my little home server (i compiled at least 10 times to fix bug/exploit). I tried to achieve better possible realism and gameplay but the weapon of the game are a limit (for that map, high rate of fire/poor spreading/fixed position weapon are better, almost like cod2-4-5), people seems to get fun tho.. lol
BTW, the use of radio by teammate is improved a lot!!! This is the most funny part of the game.  :-D
I don't have static ip, so u can find me just typing Il-negoziatore in friend finder (if u wish to see the map). Looks horrible to me but it's very hard to have a better looking map in a such large area!!  :roll:

BTW, now i wanna try to do a forest green, so my question is:

1- i need a good md3 model as a tree, with a higher polys than usual, does anyone know how to find it? I already tried links published in this section, but those models looks a bit crappy to me; if anyone has somthing better... it's better LOL

2- What's the best way to clip tree model to block player movements and to have correct bullets impact (wood sound and dust on impact?). In other words, is there a way to make a model "solid", directly with a shader or somthing else?

3- Just curious: is a model Func-breakable capable?...

F10 ^_^

#2 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

1.  Try making one yourself. :)

http://arbaro.sourceforge.net/

2.  Dont know, i read on a site yesterday models need to be clipped by hand, but that was quite an old site.

#3 User is offline   Rinsmaster Icon

• Account: rinsmaster
  • Main tag: O.O|

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

Remember that trees look ugly in Radiant, but in-game they look allot better.

For the tree just make a brush around the trunk of the tree and texture it with weapon clip. Use the search to find the topic about surface sounds (wood sound)
If you want to be able to shoot through it but don't walk through it, just use player clip instead of weapon clip.

#4 User is offline   negoziatore (old) Icon

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Remember that trees look ugly in Radiant, but in-game they look allot better.

For the tree just make a brush around the trunk of the tree and texture it with weapon clip. Use the search to find the topic about surface sounds (wood sound)
If you want to be able to shoot through it but don't walk through it, just use player clip instead of weapon clip.

leafs seems decent but i've seen a 3-faced root!! in game, of course. BTW i was looking for taller trees...
No matter they r high in polys, it's just experimental. If it works, will be uploaded in my server.
I remember the surface sound topic, i asked for that few days ago, but the doubt is :is a model texture linkable to a sound?... Never tried it...
Seem it's linkable but how to get bullet impact if model doesn't clip?  :? :?

#5 User is offline   Rinsmaster Icon

• Account: rinsmaster
  • Main tag: O.O|

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

leafs seems decent but i've seen a 3-faced root!! in game, of course. BTW i was looking for taller trees...
No matter they r high in polys, it's just experimental. If it works, will be uploaded in my server.
I remember the surface sound topic, i asked for that few days ago, but the doubt is :is a model texture linkable to a sound?... Never tried it...
Seem it's linkable but how to get bullet impact if model doesn't clip?  :? :?

You don't want to apply that to the model, a model is not solid, you always have to make brushes around it, so that it feels like the model is solid.
In your case, just make your own .shader file (negoziatore.shader for example), add it to the shaderlist.txt, then copy the weaponclip from common.shader to your shader and give it a custom name (woodweapclip for example), then follow the instructions in the surface sounds thread, and link the wood sound to your shader.
That's how I would do it, maybe there are more ways..

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   negoziatore (old) Icon

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

ty ^_^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942