Urban Terror Forums: Compiling weird blocks (q3map2 problem) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Compiling weird blocks (q3map2 problem) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eXKalibuR (old) Icon

• LocationCáceres, Spain

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:16 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to guess what is the best compile method with q3map2 and Light.
I'm doing tests on a "cornell box" map and I always get a non smooth color transition, instead I get a weird pixelated effect. Look at the screen:
Posted Image

I have tryed lot of things on the light compiling but I do not find the problem.

Can you guys tell me the best way to compile Light or how can I fix my problem??

#2 Guest_ENUM|Skunk

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:05 PM

What version of q3map2 are you using?

I don't remember all the parameters details because I have done this batch file a long time ago but here is the content of that batch file (this is what I use to compile my maps and shadows are smooth):

set Q3MAP_PATH=c:/q3map2/q3map2.exe
set QUAKE_PATH=c:/progra~1/quakei~1
set MOD_DIR=q3ut3

%Q3MAP_PATH% -meta -v -samplesize 8 -fs_basepath %QUAKE_PATH% -fs_game %MOD_DIR% -skyfix -threads 2 %1.map

%Q3MAP_PATH% -vis -v -fs_basepath %QUAKE_PATH% -fs_game %MOD_DIR% -threads 2 %1.bsp

%Q3MAP_PATH% -fs_game %MOD_DIR% -light -fast -super 2 -filter -nocollapse -patchshadows -bouncegrid -bounce 8 -shade -shadeangle 90 -samples 2 -v -fs_basepath %QUAKE_PATH% -threads 2 %1.bsp

pause

notes:
[list]
-The latest q3map2 (from shaderlab (www.shaderlab.com)) was installed in C:q3map2
-Quake3 path is C:Program FilesQuake III arena.
-q3ut3 is your Urban Terror folder inside the Quake3 folder (usually the mod name too).
-That batch file (let's call it mybatch.bat) is placed in the maps folder inside the q3ut3 folder. I could use it by openning a command prompt window, change dir to the right location and type mybatch ut_mymap. There are other ways to call the batch file but I won't get into them here.
-Samplesize default is 16. If all your walls are thicker than 16 units, then you don't need it.
-Ok, this is beyond the scope of what you've asked, but at least you'll get perfect shadows with that. :)
[/list:u]

#3 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:19 PM

What compile settings are you using?

Have you read this:
http://www.splashdam...ght=cornell+box

#4 User is offline   eXKalibuR (old) Icon

• LocationCáceres, Spain

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:05 PM

Thanks guys, I have the last version of q3map2.

I have tryed some compile options but I always get similar results. Let's see if this Splash Damage thread helps me.

I will tell you. :wink:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942