Urban Terror Forums: Funstuff and Larger Player Model Head - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Funstuff and Larger Player Model Head Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#12 User is offline   Qant Icon

• Account: qant

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

I admit "INSTA-raise a gun in 0 frames" was phrased quite unfortunate. I tried to explain the matter by giving an extreme - although im honestly aware of the difference u pointed out.

As of what uve said.. doesnt that make it even worse? Making discrepancy between gamelogic and animations even bigger as if there was no animation? Or are you planning on delaying shots too? Delay for the time needed to show a questionable weapon raising animation?

Another question regarding "help someone to make a split second decision that they never had before": So we will be able to tell by looks if someones scoping and/or shooting at us or not. Assuming even now, without fancy animations, the average players getting it when someones shooting at u, that means we trade being able to notice someone zooming at us for being able to tell if someones actually AIMING at us. Think about it, whats the more expressive information?

#14 User is offline   beast Icon

• Account: beast

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

Make sure gameplay won't be sacrificed.

#15 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

3east link=topic=17131.msg232610#msg232610 date=1248199145]
Make sure gameplay won't be sacrificed.

Not to mention, the last thing the competitive community needs is bigger heads.    (get it?)  :wink:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:16 AM

Curious, what's the reason for the headsize increase? The front page doesn't give a reason, and I personally can't tell the difference. I get headshotted randomly enough, if anything, the head hitbox should be smaller.

Something else to consider is I’m not just making off hand decisions and there is a lot of testing going on and I’m producing a new player pack every couple of weeks for QA to test out and they have been very good at pointing out possible problems but in general the responses have been very positive in regards to some of the changes made.

I really wish the code would be available to everyone to test. I've said it again and again, the competitive community is underrepresented. I know nobody in [51] is on it, and I believe BoS also lacks any representation. The top 2 teams in North America, by a healthy margin, are not allowed to test the new release. It's not for lack of trying, either. I've applied several times over the years and I don't believe I even received a response. I only think that I could benefit the QA in some way, even if it's just another pair of hands to test new changes out with. I'm sure [51] and BoS would be more than willing to have a scrimmage with the new 4.2 changes to test out how the top players utilize new weapons or abuse new features.  :lol:

#17 User is offline   Impy Icon

• Account: impy

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

nem linked me for my morning lol.  ty nem.

#18 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

Curious, what's the reason for the headsize increase? The front page doesn't give a reason, and I personally can't tell the difference. I get headshotted randomly enough, if anything, the head hitbox should be smaller.

The reason for the headsize increase is that the previous head size is awkwardly small and out of proportion and people had pointed that out (not me, although I definitely notice it especially in screenshots). Also they said that the hitbox is not being made bigger, just the visual look which is going to be a tiny bit bigger. Supposedly the increase is so small that you won't be thinking you are shooting their head and having the bullets go right through without hitting the hitbox which is smaller than the new head, which when you think about a tiny increase in head size, that makes sense.

I really wish the code would be available to everyone to test. I've said it again and again, the competitive community is underrepresented. I know nobody in [51] is on it, and I believe BoS also lacks any representation. The top 2 teams in North America, by a healthy margin, are not allowed to test the new release. It's not for lack of trying, either. I've applied several times over the years and I don't believe I even received a response. I only think that I could benefit the QA in some way, even if it's just another pair of hands to test new changes out with. I'm sure [51] and BoS would be more than willing to have a scrimmage with the new 4.2 changes to test out how the top players utilize new weapons or abuse new features.  :lol:

lol, I think you know why they won't let you in.

Yeah it would be cool if QA has more competitive types in it (more than whatever they have now because more is good) but I don't even know if there are any people like that who are actually willing to spend the time testing it. And they need to be trustworthy people who don't have a history of leaking things or hacking things, and they need to be people with good cooperative personalities because QA and the devs (or any group of humans working on any project) want to work with cool people, not belligerent SOB's. So right away that counts out half of the top players in urban terror. For purposes of not being offended by what I just said, top players reading this can assume they are in the other half  :-D (and yeah *half* might be an exaggeration.. maybe).

But the good news is, when 4.2 comes out, THEN everyone can test it thoroughly and if it has some small element that is less than ideal for competition, it can be fixed in 4.3.

#19 User is offline   indecision (old) Icon

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

None of this was necessary. What a day...
Delete?
:mrgreen:

#20 User is offline   Princebuster Icon

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:54 AM

lolz at the amazing lack of self awareness.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942