• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_projumps_b4 New version Rate Topic: ***-- 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

0b3r n03l link=topic=17244.msg234812#msg234812 date=1248994881]
i didnt do the any of the detail  and structural stuff yet cause i think i have to use hint... cause almost all of the details are exposed to the void so i cant just do "make detail" cause it will leak...

you need to know how to make a caulk hull

cant u people comment on the jumps... thats what i want to know... i dont give a shit if u guys dont like how it look cause it looks fine to me...dele every time i make a map u have to dis how it looks... this is the first map ive tried really hard on to make it look nice yet u still talk down about it...JUST TELL ME ABOUT THE JUMPS??? do u like them or not...

the jumps are great, but the map __must__ have a good feel/theme for it to be played often

oh and idk what u were talking about when u said something about the sliding... cause i slide perfectly smooth and nice... --ever thought it was u sucking at the jump?? who know cause it works fine for me..

and i never said your Icy parts fail, I said. due to the vis problems it causes r_speeds to fluctuate and computers to not be smooth

have another read...

plus your r_speeds are pretty high so you need to learn how to visual block properly in order for people to jump smoothly on your map

Now im not making rivalry, im giving you tips on how to make an effective map that people will want to play again and again.

#12 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

i guess you missed the part where i said "im not attacking this map or the map maker" ... i actually couldnt care less about what your map looks like, and i wouldnt have ever commented on it; however what driller said could not go unchecked. mimicking the greats is natural and understandable, but to give the mime compliments for only doing 50% of the work the original artist did is nonsense. i wouldnt expect you to produce the same quality of map as dgw since misato has been working on it for years, but i also wouldnt expect you to get props for it either... thats the point.

#13 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

most people like dgw so i wanted to get more dgw style maps out there...and so far every one has said they really like this map.. except for u too who just care about the looks and dont have anything to say about the jumps... which is what i really care about...

I'd love to know where you got that from, the bit about most people liking dgw.  Yeh its a nice looking map, but the jumps are to hard for the majority of the people who play this game and/or jump.

Before you get me wrong, im not saying dont make maps with jumps you like, im saying make maps you enjoy playing.  If you make something you think is cool then you achieved the goal of a jump mapper.  If everyone else thinks its cool as well then its a bonus.

Personally i like your map.  Its a bit hard, but thats just the skill level you play at.

#14 User is offline   Syn Icon

• Account: syn
  • Main tag: N00b|

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

i didnt do the any of the detail  and structural stuff yet cause i think i have to use hint... cause almost all of the details are exposed to the void so i cant just do "make detail" cause it will leak...

Hi j00b, nice work on the map and on the jumps! But i think what the "two" are talking about is, that so much people starts mapping and so much people apparently own heartbraking hardware they are running Urt on.
But pleeeease don't forget it's a Quake3 Engine! It even runs on Pentium3, maybe less!
So what "they" really care about is, MAPPING properly.. using caulk textures on non vis. sides for instance improves FPS for low performance clients a lot, as their client does not need to render it.
What i personally care about is to make maps playable even on pentium3 machines as far as possible, therefore using the common methods of caulking, brushes, structurals and so on.
I'm just a N00b map maker, but i will put some time into mapping again soon, and i think it's worth mapping right, rather than "pushing" out maps.

This is a discussion, no critics at all, if you do feel embaressed i appologize!

All the best!
Syn

#15 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:55 AM

agreed maps textures are themed to much like dgw, thou i like the pulsing teleporters.

jumps are nice, thou i dislike icy jumps because they are more a factor of luck then skill!

ex. if you don't slide right to gain enough speed you fail the jump which is technically not jumping.

yeah i have to turn my graphics all the way down to get 125 fps which is a no no on any type of jump map where u need 125 fps at all times, DON'T TELL ME FPS DOESN'T EFFECT JUMPING(directed towards ppl who think fps don't) cause it does.

Me |{atalyst and Andy tried the last jump for over an hour and where not able to complete it.

PS. If you don't like to read what people have to say then why post your map?

#16 User is offline   Majorheretic Icon

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

No binds in ALPHA servers?

Like /bind 3 ut_radio 3 3 GET ME A MED!

??? why not ???

#17 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

no like, spamming 7 messages in less than 2 seconds and spamming clan recruitment on a CLAN server

#18 User is offline   meister (old) Icon

• LocationWhere

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

|{atalyst

WOW! :-o

If |{at couldn't do it, then I got no chance in hell as I'm stuck there as well.

#19 User is offline   Majorheretic Icon

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

no like, spamming 7 messages in less than 2 seconds and spamming clan recruitment on a CLAN server

*facepalm* :P

#20 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

Yeh damn spammers.

When i jump i just want some music and peace and quiet not the whole "I need a medic cos my willy is blue and about to fall off" crap that people seem to spam.  I mean if your that badly injured, type /kill, do it again, except dont screw up this time. :)

Flag capture sounds are the worst.  I mean you pick up some flag and jump around a map and then cap the flag which is rather retarded.  I mean if you want to capture flags, go play on a capture the flag server where you can at least shoot people.  The whole flag thing in jump maps is like the special olympics, it doesnt matter how many times you capture that flag, you'll still be the retarded.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942