Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Invalid game folder Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Shishka

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:01 AM

Just installed Urban Terror... Then uninstalled due to the missing file problems the full install seems to have, downloaded 3.0 and all the upgrades.

Now, I don't get that message, but right as the map should be loading up when I connect, the game goes back to the main screen with an error window reading "Invalid game folder."

This happens on every server I try to connect to. What's going on? Any help is appreciated.

#2 Guest_Shishka

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:28 AM

Also, I've noticed that I can run my own server, and play on maps (though I haven't tested to see if anyone can connect to me), so I'm fairly sure everything's in the right location.

This is starting to get frustrating. =P

#3 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:25 AM

Well, could you tell us what files you have where? Like: I have a quake3 folder on D: and inthere is a ... etc.

#4 Guest_Shishka

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:40 AM

quake3.exe is in E:Program FilesQuake III Areana. In there is all the basics you need for Quake III 1.32, punkbuster, GTKRadiant, and the q3ut3 folder.

The q3ut3 folder has a documents folder with four folders inside and a number of text files in each folder. There are eight .pk3 files, zq3ut3.pk3 through zq3ut34.zip, ut_dville-v2.pk3, ut_campus.pk3, and ut_ftdicks.pk3. Then there are six .txt files, games.log, q3.config, and the zips that I downloaded to install the 3.1 through 3.4 patches.

#5 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:54 AM

HMm, you said: all the way to zq3ut34.zip? That should be pk3 =] Maybe you forgot to unzip the last one? :P

Btw, do you have anything in your config (maybe autotexec.cfg) with gamefolder in it?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Shishka

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:10 AM

I'm sorry, I meant .pk3. =)

And neither UrT's or Q3A's q3config files have a "gamefolder" var, and I don't seem to have an autoexec.cfg lying around anywhere.

#7 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:53 PM

Okay, try this:

Make a folder on D: called 'quake3'. Make a folder baseq3 in that and put pak0.pk3 - pak8.pk3 in there. In D:quake3 also make a folder called 'q3ut3' and put zQ3UT3.pk3 - zQ3UT34.pk3 inthere. Also in D:quake3 make a folder called 'pb' and put all the pb-files from the old install inthere.

In d:quake3, put quake3.exe

Then try again without using any old configs.

If that doesnt work, im a horse on drugs.

#8 Guest_Shishka

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:09 PM

You, sir, are a horse on drugs. =)

Thanks for the help, but I'm just going to give it up.

#9 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:43 PM

Grmbl! :twisted:

wtf is this man? It should work!! hmzzzzz..... Please dont give up :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942