Urban Terror Forums: We need one central website for UrT mapping tutorials. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We need one central website for UrT mapping tutorials. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:22 PM

Now that the Sixth Floor is dead we have a problem IMHO. We should have one central site with all the content from the Sixth Floor and links to other tutorials/models/textures/sounds websites. It should be easy for newbies to learn this, right now all we have is a lot of sites with some tutorials. We need a central site with a huge amount of information and all UrT tutorials..

Since UT Mapdepot is the only site left, I think that site could be expanded with more tutorials and links.

#2 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:31 PM

Content from the Sixth Floor, while currently offline, is still property of the respectful owners/authors. You would need to get permission from them before posting their material.

On a lighter note, I am willing to host the site, though I will not maintain it.

#3 Guest_slinki

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:51 AM

http://www.ut.map-depot.com has a small section going already. Maybe getting permission from authors and submitting them to midgetkiller is a good way to get that database built up and centralized.

#4 Guest_PunisherFrosty

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:53 PM

good point right there. considering 6th floor went down like ages ago and the nazi (lol) is still around. so it would be great to see a site like the 6th floor back up because at urt mapping depot or whatever it only has a few things compared to the 6th floor site thats down.

#5 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:54 PM

I no longer have the content, it was deleted.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:40 PM

[quote name='"Oswald"]I no longer have the content' date=' it was deleted.[/quote']

But why exactly did you delete the content? If you wanted to stop with the The 6th Floor website, I can understand that, but I can't understand why all the tutorials were just deleted. With all respect, the least you could have done was ask someone else to host the tutorials.

However, fortunately most of the site can be retrieved on http://www.archive.org/, they said in the post about the 6th floor's shutdown in the general forum

I'll send an e-mail to Midgetkiller now and ask if he wants to do it.

#7 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:13 PM

I've already gotten permission from most of the tutorial authors to host their tutorials on my site, however I haven't been able to reach SweetNutz in regards to his tutorials which entail about 90% of the tutorials that were on the6thfloor.com.

If someone has the means to contact SweetNutz, please ask him for me. Also, if you are an author of any of the tutorials from the6thfloor.com site, could you please email me your tutorials? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MidgetKiller

#8 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:23 PM

Ah, I just e-mailed you before I read your reply MidgetKiller.

Concerning SweetnutZ:

http://www.twisted-strand.com/ - go to resume, there you will find his e-mail adress.
http://www.twisted-s...m/ut_tutorials/ - here are the tutorials, in case the pages saved by webarchive.org are missing some images or files.

#9 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:55 AM

Alrighty!!!

I have added the first of 3 tutorials by SweetnutZ to the UT Map-Depot site. I've also made it easier for you guys to get to the tutorials. On the main menu when you click on the "Tutorials" link, it now takes you directly to the Tutorials article category.

Urban Terror Map Depot Tutorials

I'm going to try and have the second tutorial up tomorrow night, but it's late here and I'm tired and have a long 12 hour shift ahead of me tomorrow.

I also just wanted to mention that I've added a link on the main menu that goes directly to the Contest Reports article category. Just making it easier for you guys hopefully.

Later!

#10 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:37 PM

That's great, thanks a lot MidgetKiller :).

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942