Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

cvar pmove_fixed=1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_mushrat67

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:32 PM

Ok,
I understand just enough about this great game to play it. So if you all could use *small* words in any answer you may have, I'd greatly appriciate it.
I have an actual bought copy of Quake. I have PB, though I have to manualy update it when I want to play it seems. Sometimes I can join in a game and have no problems, sometimes I get kicked by punkbuster with this messege: cvar pmove_fixed=1
What the heck does it mean and how do I make it stop?
Thanks,
Mushrat

#2 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:18 PM

It sounds like you have pmove_fixed enabled and the server your trying doesn't like that. Here's the information I found on that cvar.

This setting is reported to be server side ( internet, dedicated, single player ) only and is only included here for reference and explanation should you be playing on an internet server that has it enabled. See Why Your Framerate Affects Jumping! for more information on why pmove_fixed and pmove_msec when enabled server side remove FPS dependant physics.

Information on pmove_fixed and pmove_msec taken from id software's documentation:

/pmove_fixed - Typically the player physics advances in small time steps. When this option is enabled all players will use fixed frequency player physics, the time between two advances of the physics will be the same for all players. The actual time between two advances of the player physics can be set with the pmove_msec variable. Enabling this option will make the player physics the same for all players independent from their framerate. [Enforced Server side]

/pmove_msec <milli-seconds> - Sets the time in milliseconds between two advances of the player physics. [Server side]

#3 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:38 PM

pmove_fixed is useless since cg_physics 1

#4 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:49 PM

As pmove_fixed is a server setting and does nothing when you connect as a client it's very odd that it's a reason to be kicked out, especially since in UrT it's been overrided by cg_physics as Aars point out ...

Anyway, open the UrT q3config.cfg file and change it's value from 1 to 0 and you should be fine. Or in-game bring down the console and type:

/pmove_fixed 0

BTW it's there to remove the frame rate influence over jump height and length. (A little oddity in the Q3A engine - ie; a round-off error)

cheers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942