Urban Terror Forums: Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine Rate Topic: ***** 17 Votes

With GoogleTranslate, Bumpy, dmaHD, iKALiZER, Raw Mouse, Bug Fixes, ..

#921 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

View PostSubJunk, on 21 July 2010 - 06:56 AM, said:

Edit: Also, would it be possible to apply mouse sensitivity to the menu screens? My mouse is running at 5600DPI and with the new HD mouse support it's hard to click things in the menu; the slightest movement makes the cursor fly

I was thinking the exact same thing but then I solved it by reducing driver sensitivity to 0. I still have questions on whether that's optimal (I suspect there's no difference) as I posted in the relevant thread a few hours ago.

--

BTW this appears to be the same behavior with the old system too.

--

It might be a feature to have (though potentially redundant:P).

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 21 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

#922 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 21 July 2010 - 08:10 AM, said:

I was thinking the exact same thing but then I solved it by reducing driver sensitivity to 0. I still have questions on whether that's optimal (I suspect there's no difference) as I posted in the relevant thread a few hours ago.

--

BTW this appears to be the same behavior with the old system too.
I also have the negative-acceleration problem. I'm not sure what you mean by reducing driver sensitivity to 0. How does one do that? I manage mouse sensitivity in 3 places; the Razer Configurator, the Mouse section of Windows Control Panel, and /sensitivity in game.
Which do I set to 0?

Also, not sure what you mean by "old system", but I never had a problem with this before the HD mouse support

This post has been edited by SubJunk: 21 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

#923 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

For me it was "Speed" in Logitech settings. According to Logitech on the Help of the config panel it's just an adjustment after the initial DPI setting (DPI I suppose is happening on hardware level). I suppose "Speed" is a form of common sensitivity, potentially on software.

It does have the same behavior to me on ioUrbanTerror too. e.g. I put it to max speed on 5600 it goes like crazy, on 0 (lowest) very normal.

--

It has same behavior if I use 'OS drivers" box or not (Logitech panel related).

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 21 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

#924 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 21 July 2010 - 08:40 AM, said:

For me it was "Speed" in Logitech settings. According to Logitech on the Help of the config panel it's just an adjustment after the initial DPI setting (DPI I suppose is happening on hardware level). I suppose "Speed" is a form of common sensitivity, potentially on software.
I don't see any option like that for my Razer mouse, maybe it's specific to Logitech.

View Postmitsubishi, on 21 July 2010 - 08:40 AM, said:

It does have the same behavior to me on ioUrbanTerror too. e.g. I put it to max speed on 5600 it goes like crazy, on 0 (lowest) very normal.

--

It has same behavior if I use 'OS drivers" box or not (Logitech panel related).
That's interesting. On the original exe and the bumpy the menu sensitivity is fine for me using the same mouse settings.

#925 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

That's peculiar. In code it seems that UI and CG get mouse movement unaccelerated.

No disrespect intended, but can you double check it by loading iourt? I took this new mouse and I thought I had done something wrong. Then I realized it's the first time I had used a 5600 DPI so it was just something I hadn't noticed before.

--

I guess one could send to UI and CG accelerated values. hm..

.. nah, not easy, they get it in integer form (their code is closed) and that doesn't work well unless you want to make it faster which isn't exactly what we want:P

--

weeeeird, sometimes it's slow on fullscreen but 90% of the time is fast. (iourt or ioq3-urt) (it probably messes up the 'general' with the exe settings here)

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 21 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#926 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear when I explained. It's my fault. I was talking about two separate issues.
So:

1) The menu sensitivity seems very high, so I move the mouse just a little physically but it moves it a lot on the screen, despite using low-sensitivity setting in-game (0.25). It is only when using the HD mouse input. I checked again and for me it doesn't occur on the original executable or bumpy. I can also switch between the sensitivities by changing between in_rawmouse 1 and 0.
So with in_rawmouse 0, it uses the same sensitivity as Windows, but with in_rawmouse 1 it is very sensitive. It seems like a normal thing for it to do considering the high mouse DPI, so I'm not saying it's a bug, but it would be cool if there was a workaround.
Would it be possible to use the old mouse system for UI things and the HD mouse only when the game is being played?

2) When playing the game, the negative acceleration issue you described happens, at least I think it is the same issue. If I were to explain it, I would say that when I'm trying to track an enemy the mouse moves too much, but for movement (jumping and sliding) it doesn't move enough, so I think negative acceleration is a good way to describe it; the faster the mouse moves, the slower the rate of movement on-screen.

This post has been edited by SubJunk: 21 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

#927 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Special SubJunk update with UI/CG cursor not getting raw. *let me know if it works! (It wouldn't be nice having a pointless tweak)

Mind you, I see no change here with Logitech:), I only know it gets a different route (which has no gameplay effect).

Also the fact you negative accelerate either means you don't have it enabled (I doubt it, its status is printed on the console on startup and var change) or, and that's my assumption, Razer has internal hardware negative acceleration:P

I'll go ahead and assume it's Razer's fault as I usually do by default (:P) unless we find otherwise, that company gives me the willies with its fluorescent lights and cheap plastics:P Nice mousepads though. This cheap Sphex is awesome for my needs.

--

BTW now that I use dmaEX, Win64 client is an awesome alternative. It still loads slightly slower but it's a great feeling knowing you run a native binary (I'm such a dork).

--

That last update also had minor tweaks but nothing important.

--

*I'd still would like to make sure that last tweak about UI/CG cursor isn't useless; but we might find out soon.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 21 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

#928 User is offline   n4n3rz Icon

• Account: n4n3rz

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

i've seen it happen with LR and M4 mostly but i think it's happened with others too. those just happen to be my most common choice. anyway, what happens is the crosshair stays but the reload animation carries on, and the clip isn't actually reloaded. i can cancel the reload by switching weapons and reloading again, and very very occasionally it'll happen twice in a row.

#929 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 21 July 2010 - 02:20 PM, said:

Special SubJunk update with UI/CG cursor not getting raw. *let me know if it works! (It wouldn't be nice having a pointless tweak)
I feel so special ;) Thanks for the effort.
However, the mouse is still high-sensitivity in menu screens with ioq3-1788-urt-nobumpy-210710, so the patch makes no difference for me either.

Also the fact you negative accelerate either means you don't have it enabled (I doubt it, its status is printed on the console on startup and var change) or, and that's my assumption, Razer has internal hardware negative acceleration:P
I do use positive mouse acceleration from the Razer Configurator settings. It all still works perfectly with in_rawmouse 0, the sensitivity and acceleration are normal with that setting. The weirdness only starts with in_rawmouse 1.

I'll go ahead and assume it's Razer's fault as I usually do by default (:P) unless we find otherwise, that company gives me the willies with its fluorescent lights and cheap plastics:P Nice mousepads though. This cheap Sphex is awesome for my needs.
Well at the time I got this Mamba it was the only wireless gaming mouse and had the highest polling rate and DPI and I needed something more ergonomic than my Sidewinder, which was making my hand very sore with daily use. I tried Logitech mice for a long time because I like their designs ergonomically but I had 3 faulty Logitech mice in a row (I bought one, sent it back, they gave me a new one instead of fixing it, then repeat that another time) so I gave up on that company for mice. I think both Razer and Logitech have high fault rates with their mice, while Microsoft seems reliable, it's a shame they don't design their mice for human hands ;)
So, the Razer was really my only choice at the time. I disable all the lights anyway so none of that affects me.

BTW now that I use dmaEX, Win64 client is an awesome alternative. It still loads slightly slower but it's a great feeling knowing you run a native binary (I'm such a dork).
Being a dork is the best :) Does dmaEX offer superior audio to iKALiZER, or do you use it for another reason?

P.S. Later today I will test my Sidewinder to see if the issues happen with that mouse too.

This post has been edited by SubJunk: 21 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

#930 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

Alright, I suspected it won't do much, I'll remove the tweak as junk and to get back the awesome feature of having an HD cursor (j/k :P).

I suspected razer is doing some voodoo internally when it detects Windows are reading the raw device but now that the tweak does nothing I guess it might be something else; maybe it sends the x/y positions in a different 'format' or something; anyway. I won't know easily without directly testing it I guess.

View PostSubJunk, on 21 July 2010 - 11:33 PM, said:

Does dmaEX offer superior audio to iKALiZER, or do you use it for another reason?

well, I'm not an "audiophile" but it sounds good to me (after I realize its audio improves tremendously with s_sdlspeed 44100, 22050 was horrible). Only improvement that might important at this point is to have lower latency. It's slightly limited by the vanilla q3 system in having 0.1s s_mixahead. Author might improve it in the future.

View Postn4n3rz, on 21 July 2010 - 07:56 PM, said:

LR and M4 mostly

Well I see M4 a lot and I don't see that so I won't be able to do much about it unless I find a way to reproduce it.

• (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942