Urban Terror Forums: Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine Rate Topic: ***** 17 Votes

With GoogleTranslate, Bumpy, dmaHD, iKALiZER, Raw Mouse, Bug Fixes, ..

#968 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

Awesome, Mitsu.
Do you have any information on how it compares with Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Mumble, ImpTalk, etc.? Have tests been done?

#969 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

VoIP; I tested it in default settings and it was reasonable. It's not destined by ioq3 to be about high quality and clanning but for fun pubbing. For quality they have Mumble positional audio. It'd be cool if others like TeamSpeak offered simple code 'hooks' for games. The code ioq3 has (given by Mumble) to support 3D in mumble is surprisingly tiny.

#970 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

Teleportation: bind a key with /bindteleport <key> and transfer back there when key is hit (locally or with rcon; server cmd: /teleport <cl num> x y z).

--

/bindteleport is a bit gimmicky, mainly for /map and /devmap since it doesn't add 'rcon' in front. If someone was running a server with it I guess they could add manually clients to binds with /rcon teleport <client number> <x> <y> <z>.

--

PS. I thought of server admin exploitation but it's burying our heads in the sand: admin exploitation is so easy that it's silly trying to avoid it by removing such features (which are a couple of lines and released in a client). If an admin wanted to exploit, they can do a lot more things than just using this. And nastier, hard to detect things. This is pretty obvious with spec (or recorded demo) (and this time really obvious, not "i can see wallhack"-obvious).

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 30 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

#971 User is offline   onemoar Icon

• Account: onemoar

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Client Shutdown (Client fatal crashed: Sound interface invalid.) -----
-----------------------

fail ...

edit:
useing +seta cl_voip 0 corrects the issue .. something wrong with ur code
edit again
something you broke with ikaliser turning it off makes it work again

This post has been edited by onemoar: 30 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

#972 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

View Postonemoar, on 30 July 2010 - 06:23 PM, said:

fail ...

something wrong with ur code

something you broke

fixed.

the issue was purely logistical; ikalizer doesn't have the recording related functions so the client exits.

base/dmaEX sound doesn't have them either, it only has empty functions as placeholders for "future development". I did the same for ikalizer.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#973 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

If this is asked already i'm sorry :)

Will all this be included in urt4.2 or will we have different builds still?

#974 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:06 AM

I've no idea.

#975 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:17 AM

hmm k, would be a shame if it weren't included, but then again i guess you'd continue modifying builds so there would still be loads of different versions out there :)

#976 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

Let's hope it won't be detected as a hack. I'm sure they will work something out though since Mitsu has been recognised as a community dev now

#977 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

Major logistical update. All windows builds get to use shared libraries. That means, cURL used by autodownloading, SDL used by the system in general, OpenAL used for audio are included in the zips for windows. This was already the case for linux though they weren't included in their packages since the system already has them and it already has them in very good builds.

I know this might be a bit more messy but it's a much better arrangement. The DLLs can be potentially replaced with other ones (better ones or individual updates etc.) and I wouldn't be surprised if certain systems operate better with them since they are the norm.

'Loads of DLLs' update.

Also Raw Input had an internal update that probably doesn't change anything on the end-user: Instead of collecting its data from SDL, it directly gets them from inside the ioq3-urt.c of the client. This makes it possible to use it with stock SDL libraries and it is remotely possible it's better in latency but I wouldn't bet on the latter.

Now also autodownloading gets an '* Autodownloading Initialized' on the initial console, to make sure the dll is there and because previously it didn't initialize at all unless a map was to be downloaded (tiny memory use for a gain in being informative).

• (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942