Urban Terror Forums: Rcon Question (Get Teams / A Users Team Id) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Rcon Question (Get Teams / A Users Team Id) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   XTJ7 (old) Icon

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:10 AM

Hey there,

I'm currently developing a Windows application that serves as a remote game administration tool. We do use B3 on our servers, but sometimes it is quite helpful to have a GUI for fast and comfortable access to server vars, managing players, changing maps etc.
However, I am so far unable to find a variable that contains the teams, players by teams or a users team id/name. Anything would be fine. I just can't manage to get the teams via Rcon and I can't imagine this isn't implemented.
Any help would be appreciated.

Most features are working already. Although plenty of applications exist for it, this will also serve as a launcher application for UrT, however, this is not the main purpose. I will make a further announcement here once the application works and is available, as well as the download link.

Thanks for your support.

#2 User is offline   XTJ7 (old) Icon

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:32 AM

Oh my god, I can't believe it... I googled for 2 hours and tried around for one more - it is as simple as "/rcon players".
Other useful things I found out:

/rcon dumpuser [id]
gives detailed information about a user

/playerlist
gives a simple playerlist

/rcon status
gives detailed playerlist with ports and ips

/getstatus
gives detailed information about public server settings

If you want to send Rcon commands from an external application, you need to send 4 FF bytes at the beginning and 02 byte at the end
\FF\FF\FF\FFgetstatus\02

The packages need to be sent via UDP, TCP does not work.

For sending Rcon commands you can't stay authenticated via external applications. It just does not work, so you have to send the password each time:
rcon [password] bigtext "Hello"
(all parameters should be encapsulated in quotes, otherwise if it contains a space, the parameter will be cut off there)

rcon [password] say Hey everyone!
(this would output only "Hey" but not "everyone!" because there is a space and it is not encapsulated with quotes)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me, I might have the information already.

This post has been edited by XTJ7: 24 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942