Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mapcycles and B3? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SteelSide (old) Icon

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hi, I'm about to set up a server, it's going to be used for me and a few mates, mostly to play on small maps (due to that we would want to 1v1 or 2v2 eachother), but sometimes on larger ones. Setting stuff up is not an issue, just wondering what i should gun for.

I want to be able to change the mapcycle through a command, so that we can have one set for small maps when we are few, and if we feel like switch into the larger maps without having to vote nextmap all the time to keep it going - what would be the best way?

I have seen that there are plugins for the bots to change depending on playercount, but i rather have manual control.
Is there something already done for B3 to change mapcycle on a command, or is that something i will have to write myself?

This post has been edited by SteelSide: 19 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

#2 User is offline   PrettyPinkPony Icon

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

I don't think you can modify the mapcycle from the console but /rcon cyclemap is the command or ESC>RCON>CYCLEMAP

If you are hosting a small server for 2-4 people, there isn't much need for b3.. Is there?

But if you already have b3 I think !cyclemap or !map ut4_mapname or for RCON /rcon cyclemap or /rcon map ut4_mapname

Just edit the mapcycle.txt in your q3ut4

Edit* I just read the question properly 0.o

No for RCON there is no way to do this unless you can code a config file that could do this..

For b3, I suggest you check out the b3 forums.

Edit 2*
Read the server.cfg and find the command for mapcycle, then do in your console /rcon "code" smallmapcy.txt

This post has been edited by PrettyPinkPony: 20 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

Save Us Midget Horses. D':

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942