Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Starting all over....*sigh* Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:37 AM

do you actually realize that windos and linux got nearly nothing in common? in the linux world applications use lots of already implemented code by using libraries. the only shared libraries windos uses are actually the windos libraries resp. libraries on software manufacturer did/uses (eg adobe). have you ever compared sizes of windos/linux executeables?
basically windows exes can be run on linux (its all x86 code), but the environment is different.

of course i refer here to x86 linux only. ppc linux is different, as the platform uses other instructions.

and why the hell do we have a linux/windos discussion in the mac forum now?

#12 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:16 AM

hehe, okay, never mind... sorry =P

I just thought a .exe contained basic C-code or something and I was wondering why it only worked on windows.

#13 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:02 AM

hehe, okay, never mind... sorry =P

I just thought a .exe contained basic C-code or something and I was wondering why it only worked on windows.

the c-code would be the source code...but .exe and linux binaries (as the name says) is source code compiled in your processors (x86, ppc, etc) 'language' + some header info (.exes and linux ELF binaries dont look the same there)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942