• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Installed still having problems. Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_RogueSamurai

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:51 AM

Installed 1.32 updater
Copied files into /baseq3
placed unzstuffed ut file into /baseq3
copied and created 'q3arena' file and moved from TAcd over to file. (this might be wrong.. but i couldnt find what to do about TA so i guessed based on previous instruct for Q3A)

my /Quake3 folder looks as such:

*denotes folder -denotes app or file

*baseq3
*missionpack
*pb
punkbuster.pkg
*q3ut
-quake3 10.1
-quake3 10.2
-quake3 10.2 G4
*quake3arena (is this where i screwed up?)

/baseq3 folder contains Pak0.pk3 through pak8.pk3
/missionpack folder contains Pak1pk3 through pak3.pk3
/pb folder contains all that was installed since i didn't root around in that folder...
/q3ut folder contains all that was installed since I didn't DARE root around in that folder either...
/quake3arena folder (the one i had to make since i copied from TA cd) contains another /missionpack folder containing pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3 and q3key file..

feels like i'm almost there guys.. i started and got to see all the screens and even connect until i get the 'client server mismatch' error..

what did i do wrong? i've researched and followed all the directions I could find on it..

#2 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:17 AM

the folder with the urban terror files needs to be labeled " q3ut3" Without the quotes. this is you issue.

#3 Guest_RogueSamurai

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:06 PM

ALRIGHT!! that fixed that problem.. Hornet.. you have always been a MAC god in my book ;)

now i'm having the 'mistyped CD Key' and 'INVALID CD KEY' issue..

now i know what you're thinking.. but i assure you that i'm sitting here with both Q3TA and Q3A discs and jewel boxes. The CD key i entered is from Arena.. but it's stil telling me it's invalid. what do i do about that?

#4 User is offline   fragomatic Icon

• Account: fragomatic

Posted 22 August 2004 - 11:15 PM

make sure your not using capital letters

um never mind im dumb today

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942