• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Suggestion] Knife Animation Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Majorheretic Icon

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:00 AM

View PostDurandal DSG, on 14 January 2010 - 06:30 AM, said:

Knife needs an alt fire... primary should be slash... and alt could be stab. Stab could be slower but do full damage on armor... slash could be faster but do less damage on armor.

or just make alt fire the stupid throw move instead of using the firing mode change.

or light sabers.. why not.

I myself was thinking about alternate fire, but then realised that it would breed a whole new forum board of noobs wanting all weapons having alternate fire. F2 your idea (nothing personal).

Nife Alt Fire = Nooob complain all weaps need alt fire = grenade launcher under gun = more addons = COD6

URBAN TERROR IS NOT COD6
AKGRIZZLY: UrT devs slaved over boiling PCs in a crawl space full of rabid monkeys with no food, for no pay all so we could rawk peeps with l337 remington skills
M0usep0d: I got stuck with the slow, heavy, weak, balding model.
ObScUrE: We should start now all to play COD and suggest Sr8, curbstomps, walljumps, jumpmaps...

#12 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

The current animation is alright.
F1 for adding a couple more animations that are random. F2 for alternate fire.

#13 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

View Post[Medics]Major_Dan, on 14 January 2010 - 07:00 AM, said:

I myself was thinking about alternate fire, but then realised that it would breed a whole new forum board of noobs wanting all weapons having alternate fire.

Hey... good idea. All the guns SHOULD have an alternate fire. Especially grenades... I want a "roll on floor" for My alternate fire.
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#14 User is offline   Evilslut Icon

• Account: evilslut

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

as long as you can keep throwing them..

flying knives ftw!!

:D

Kind Regards
EViLSLuT
DigitalInsurgent

#15 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

a 3rd knife mode to be stab? what would be the use of that... it would be 'stab' with 90% damage? with reload time of 3 seconds?
i want it to be carrot mode, when you press fire, your model eats the carrot and says "what's up doc" and your gamma is doubled (see in the dark... get it?)

not including my lame post, i nominate this topic of the year so far. gg.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

i'd say no more alternate fires until the bug of changing modes out of the blue is fixed.

#18 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

Hell... I'd just love it if the animations of the in game characters looked even remotely like the hand animations for any of the weapons... or little things like the laser sight object being about an inch or two long on screen... but the size of a softball on the game model. Always struck Me as odd heh.
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#19 User is offline   Gallows Icon

• Account: gallows
  • Main tag: =DM=

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:36 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 15 January 2010 - 12:20 AM, said:

I have looked at changing the knife animation and I did manage to get something that looked a lot better.

But

The problem is not with changing the animation as it is that the engine code over rides the proper timing that needs to come from the animation control file.

This needs to be a set value so that network prediction is the same between the server and client and messing around with the network code at this time is just not worth the results.

Awesome you looked at it, bummer there is more complexity to it than just an animation.

One of the things that makes UrT great, devs that listen to the playerbase, no matter how inane the suggesting might seem to others.

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

View PostGenesis, on 14 January 2010 - 01:26 AM, said:

I believe his suggestion was to change the knife model to a carrot.

Posted Image

Always did suspected that vegetables were dangerous

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942