Urban Terror Forums: my external ip changed now my server doesn't list - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

my external ip changed now my server doesn't list Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:36 AM

Do to a router firmware upgrade my external ip changed. Now I don't list in the master server with the new ip. The ports are forwarded any ideas on how to fix?

#2 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:50 AM

What master server are you refering to? Do you remember your previous IP? What is your current IP? And lastly, is your external IP static or dynamic?

#3 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:12 AM

I got it to list in the master.urbanterror.net now. The original ip was 24.51.235.38 the new ip is 24.51.235.164. I added set ip in the command line, it now reports to the master. But ASE does not list it and the ingame browser does not list it for internet only local. I cannot connect to that ip. Am I missing the boat on something. It worked fine before I upgraded.
static ip

#4 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:35 PM

ASE gets its info from monster.idsoftware.com (ids q3 master). so as long as it doesnt list there it wont show up in ASE. check if you can reach it etc

#5 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

that was a big confusing mess. I wound up having to dmz my server, I am not happy about that but it is the only way it will call out. All the other applications work merrily with there ports forwarded just not quake. I don't quite understand why. I set the ip in the command line, that got it to show up at the master server, it just wouldn't list to ase or the ingame browser until I dmz'd it. Hmmm....oh well works fine now.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:03 PM

if it can report to master.urbanterror.net it should be able to report to monster.idsoftware.com as well (same port, same protocol), except u only allow specific ips to be reached (which would be plain silly).
just ping monster.idsoftware.com from your server and to see if the route is ok.

#7 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:31 PM

what happened to master3.idsoftware.com?

#8 User is offline   J0E (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:28 AM

Questions about masterservers seems to be quite common in this forum, why not make a sticky post and update it once in a while, i think that might be a good thing to do.

#9 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

master3.idsoftware.com = monster.idsoftware.com
just 2 dns entries resolving to the same ip ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942