Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Z_Malloc: SERVER KEEPS CRASHING! Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_exorcism

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:22 PM

Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 5493112 bytes from the main zone
and it's crashed on with "allocation of" anywhere between 65000 bytes to this 5493112 bytes.

My server keeps crashing because of this. Before, it seemed to happen on specific maps, so I took those maps off the mapcycle, now it's happening to even more maps (and it's been running fine for months.) WTF is going on?! This wouldn't be so bad if the server automatically restarted, but it just sits there, over night, all week, whatever until I check it.

How do I A: get it to stop crashing or B: at least make it automatically restart when it does this?

#2 User is offline   Jagged (old) Icon

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:26 AM

try upping you com_hunkmegs and com_zonemegs.

I use com_hunkmegs = 128 and com_zonemegs = 32, which is prob a bit more than needed.

#3 Guest_exorcism

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:46 AM

Actually I did a search and found that the "setting" of com_zonemegs doesn't do anything, as it's a fixed setting in the exe, so I changed it in the exe and everything seems to be running fine now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942