Urban Terror Forums: I ask BIG HELP admin for pb_screenshoot and cheat - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I ask BIG HELP admin for pb_screenshoot and cheat Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   buffetti (old) Icon

• LocationITALY

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:06 PM

Dear sirs, I've noticed in the pb screenshots a few codes, they appear like this:
Punkbuster Screenshot (B 0) (B1) (C2) ecc. I would like to know if these codes are displayed in order to track an operation made by the player. I saw these codes in two black screens. I attached two screenshots
the first one was taken using a cheat (ssblock) (test 1)
Posted Image
while the second has been taken without using a cheat. (test 2)
Posted Image
I noticed the two differents codes (B 0) and (B 1) could you tell me what do these codes mean?Thank you.
my thought
1) A Black PB Screenshot, WITH the words "Application Not Active" "Screenshot Capture Failed codes B0
2)A Black PB Screenshot, WITH the words "Application Not Active" "Screenshot Capture Failed codes B1
1)could be a product to only be from hooking the necessary API call(s) [cheat]
2)Is PROBABLY due to server settings (although it sometimes isn't, unfortunately you won't be able to tell at this current time)

#2 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 22 August 2004 - 05:31 PM

I'm going to be very honest, in fact, I may offend you. I think it was really f*cked of you to accuse people of cheating because they had one black screenshot out of who knows how many good and clean ones.

Now, as for what those hexcodes are, I have no idea. Nothing regarding these codes can be found on EvenBalance's site or using Google. Unless someone actually knows, you may have to do some experimenting to figure it out... If they mean anything at all.

#3 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 22 August 2004 - 05:50 PM

Ask Evenbalance Bufetti, they will answer you =]

#4 User is offline   buffetti (old) Icon

• LocationITALY

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:53 PM

Ask Evenbalance Bufetti' date=' they will answer you =']

heheh i ask evenbalnce :wink:

#5 Guest_Ebola!

Posted 23 August 2004 - 01:48 PM

Yes. They told you IT'S NOT A CHEAT.
Your thoughts about SS codes are completely WRONG!!!
The codes were explained on the punksbusted forum by an official member (Mullins):

b0 = application not active screen capture failed
b1 = screenshot sucessful attempted line present
b2 = screenshot sucessful attempted line not present

the b line doesnt indicate cheating, or any foul play.

SO STOP IT ONCE FOR ALL. Admit you have made a mistake and STFU forever.

EVENBALANCE ANSWARE:
To: "Francesco Corriga" <ebola@gamersrevolt.com>

Hello,

You can effectively ignore those "B" numbers, some hacks exploit the fact that we will not take a SS when the game is minimized for privacy reasons. If you repeatedly get that kind of SS from a player, and you see them playing when you request it, then it is likely a hack.

-Stuart

On Sunday, August 22, 2004, at 12:05 PM, Francesco Corriga wrote:

Hi,
I'm a member of a Quake3/UrbanTerror clan (Nickname Ebola).
I would like to know what does exactly means the code after the Punkbuster Screenshot text (the one between parenthesis - B0, B1 etc...)
I ask you this coz i have some BLACK screenshots like this one: http://www.quovadisc...at/pb001609.png
And would like to know if it is due to a cheat blocking the PBSS functionality or PBSS can be affected by other factors (like external apps used to minimize the Quake3.exe window).
Thanks for your precious time,
Francesco "Ebola" Corriga

Buffetti the word REPEATEDLY tells you something?
And the statement "YOU CAN EFFECTIVELY IGNORE THOSE 'B' NUMBERS" and "WE WILL NOT TAKE A SS WHEN THE GAME IS MINIMIZED"?

STILL WAITING FOR YOUR APOLOGIES.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_m|b

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:50 PM

He will never aplogize because his brain got shocked when child. Actually Buffetti is living in a body of a 45 years old man but his brain is the one he had 40 years ago.

Wake up Buffetti... Your suppositions about Black ss has only proven you're ridicolus.

#7 User is offline   D-Trix (old) Icon

• LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 23 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

[quote name='"buffetti"][quote="woekele"]Ask Evenbalance Bufetti' date=' they will answer you ='][/quote]
heheh i ask evenbalnce :wink:[/quote]

Ok you know what Buffetti, at first I questioned whether you had any malice against these guys and instead were just trying to do a "Good Job" as an admin. But after posting THIS and not mentioning that they told you that those codes DO NOT MEAN the person was CHEATING thus insinuating that they concurred with your findings I have to beleive you are a DORK with a vendetta.

Yes it's true, everyone AND Evenbalance have told you that YOU ARE W-R-O-N-G. I don't care if you did 200 tests, at this point I would beleive that they were all flawed because you obviously do not have the open mind to conduct a proper investigation.

In other words - You are incapable of making any conclusion in this matter because you refuse to be open to the possibility that:

A) You could have made a mistake
B) That the screenshot function could have a a bug or is faulty under certain conditions
C) That Evenbalance is correct in saying THEIR SS codes (B0, B1, B2) do not indicate that this is a cheat.

You expect that everyone believe, beyond the monumental evidence AGAINST your findings, and trust that YOU have the capablility and know-how to conduct tests.

I would be careful if I were you. At this point I would say that this issue has reached the apex and the hunter will soon be hunted and it will be you who will be banned from the community.

Trix

#8 Guest_Ebola!

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:13 PM

His english skills are really poor and dont (or dont want to) understand(s) what the Evenbalance mail means.
In his foolish confusion he accused me of cheating also (still on the homepage of his website) and affirms Evenbalance gave him (from the email i quoted in my previous post) the rights to make accusations of cheating for ppl who got "consecutive" black screenshots...
Someone said "Buffetti pull tha ass outta head and install a brain instead"... i cant agree more.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942