• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A second 9/11? Rate Topic: -----

This is a must read

#1 User is offline   Zero Icon

• Account: zero

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:15 AM

Any American will definitely know what the 9/11 is, don't know about other countries. But it seems another crash has happened today.
It was in Austin, Texas, although it is not for sure whether or not it was on purpose, there are many points believing that it was on purpose.

1: It was a no flight zone, planes were not allowed to fly through the area
2: It was a government building
3: The pilot crashed AFTER having a tax dispute with the IRS

For more information visit this link

This post has been edited by Zero.: 19 February 2010 - 01:17 AM

#2 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

I was following this pretty closely this morning on CNN. It seemed to me that all the law enforcement agencies were afraid to use the word "terrorist" thinking it would cause a panic or something. I'll come back to this "terrorist" thing in a bit.

I have a very close friend in the Marine Corps and he has told me about some of the things he's been briefed on that he's not allowed to talk about. Earlier this summer he told me that Al Qaeda had been recruiting people in the United States. I really do wonder if this guy might have been contacted by someone from Al Qaeda or a similar group.

Anyway, all of the reports I saw were confirming that the pilot had intentionally aimed to hit the building. Earlier that morning the guy had burnt his house down. That's got to be one of the strangest things about all of this. I guess maybe he burnt his house down as a way of not being able to change his mind about hitting the building.

When I had on CNN earlier, they had found a personal website that the pilot owned, and on the site was a 6 page suicide not from him. They only read a few parts of the note but it basically said that the IRS had been giving him troubles for years and he was fed up with it.

I would most definitely refer to this guy's actions as "terrorist actions". From the start I thought it was very strange that the Dept. of Homeland Security and the FBI were declaring that this was not a terrorist attack but a "criminal action". I guess it really depends on your definition of terrorism.

According to dictionary.reference.com:
ter·ror·ism   [ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

I don't really see how this is any different than what Timothy McVeigh did. The Oklahoma City bombing was really the first known terrorist attack on American soil. If it had happened today, after 9/11 would the FBI and everyone else label it as a terrorist attack or as a criminal action? I honestly think that since 9/11 people's ideas about terrorism have changed. I don't think a government agency or even a news channel could use the word "terrorist attack" on tv without causing a panic.

Anyway, I'm probably boring you all with this.

Oh BTW why is this posted in General UrT discussion?
djschuby.net is the place to be!

#3 User is offline   Zero Icon

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

Got moved, wanted to put in in Announcements but wasn't allowed, so I didn't know where to put this.
All this is very shocking to me, especially since this time an a citizen of the country was the one who did it.

Our teacher showed this to us today so I came up and did some research. But just like you said terrorism is dealing with government and this attack was directed at the IRS, so it may be terrorism, I'm 15 and don't really know much about this kind of stuff but it's a terrorist in my opinion

it's a f*****d up world we're living in

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:12 AM

View PostZero., on 19 February 2010 - 01:15 AM, said:

Any American will definitely know what the 9/11 is, don't know about other countries.

don't worry. we know very well.

#5 User is offline   Genesis Icon

• Account: genesis
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:17 AM

isn't it the emergency number for police and the fire brigade?
17:32 slackin • i fire blanks

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

There is no funstuff in HD.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Zero Icon

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:26 AM

View PostGenesis, on 19 February 2010 - 02:17 AM, said:

isn't it the emergency number for police and the fire brigade?

Yes, some say that's why it was on that day

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:47 AM

Here's a brief history of 9/11.

- Lunatic Americans hater gets lucky and kills lots of people
- Americans get a panic attack that lasts at least 4 years
- They do whatever sht they tell them will Avenge them even with no justification.
- They're blind to see Iraq WMD evidence is a lie.
- They're blind to see even in Afganistan they are nothing more than an Emperialist power (since attacking a whole country just because it 'harbored' something is still international aggression).
- Their Politicians knew that injustice hence they sugar-coat it "pre-emtiveness in war" (saying politely we attack something without justification).
- The world gets pissed about them; they don't care China may take over; it might as well be another arsehole.
- Slightly calm period after end of 2007.
- People start getting some brains.
- They realize the age of Aquarius is coming.
- They start depositing their hopes on international cooperation through democratic procedures.
- 700-800 years of peace come
- People start getting disillusioned about their distance from the world government and the absence of personal element.
- More down to earth and smart things without must collective big brotherism come with the age of Capricorn.

#8 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

It was an interesting read on his good bye letter, which explained how he perceived the world that made him to perform the act he did.

#9 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:10 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 19 February 2010 - 02:47 AM, said:

Here's a brief history of 9/11.

- Lunatic Americans hater gets lucky and kills lots of people
- Americans get a panic attack that lasts at least 4 years
- They do whatever sht they tell them will Avenge them even with no justification.
- They're blind to see Iraq WMD evidence is a lie.
- They're blind to see even in Afganistan they are nothing more than an Emperialist power (since attacking a whole country just because it 'harbored' something is still international aggression).
- Their Politicians knew that injustice hence they sugar-coat it "pre-emtiveness in war" (saying politely we attack something without justification).
- The world gets pissed about them; they don't care China may take over; it might as well be another arsehole.
- Slightly calm period after end of 2007.
- People start getting some brains.
- They realize the age of Aquarius is coming.
- They start depositing their hopes on international cooperation through democratic procedures.
- 700-800 years of peace come
- People start getting disillusioned about their distance from the world government and the absence of personal element.
- More down to earth and smart things without must collective big brotherism come with the age of Capricorn.

Well, let's talk about Iraq shall we? How many years did we attempt diplomacy with Saddam Hussein via the United Nations and the sanctions? How did the Kurds feel?, again how did the Kurds feel <=- "Human rights groups estimate up to 300,000 Iraqis disappeared over the past 23 years, the vast majority of them men and teen-age boys.", those Kurds must have done something wrong, how dare those Kurds exist in Hussein's Iraq, the Kurdish people have no right to exist so let's kill their children with chemical weapons.

I suppose we should have let the human rights abuses continue as well right? I mean the UN Sanctions worked so very well to stop this correct? Human rights abuses under Saddam Hussein More human rights abuses, and more, and what do you know even more.

So tell me, when is enough enough? How much time should we give diplomacy to work? Do we go for 10 years, 15 years, 20 years? And all the while, allow a brutal dictator to murder thousands and tens of thousands of his own people because, of course, we must not interfere with national sovereignty you know. No offense, but to allow a brutal and repssive regime to remain in power while murdering thousands of its own people in a campaign of genocide is no different than the countries that sat on the sidelines and allowed the Nazis to engage in a campaign of genocide against the jews.

#10 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:34 AM

View Post{C9}Wolverine, on 19 February 2010 - 04:10 AM, said:

Well, let's talk about Iraq shall we?

Why should you talk about Iraq when the mission was to eliminate the force, Al Qaeda, that was responsible for the 9/11 attack. That was the objective. The reason to put all the military resource of to use wasn't to 'liberate nations under dictatorial government', which is what you just described.

But ok, let's talk about Iraq. Where shall we begin? Abu Ghraib Prison? Camp Whitehorse? 14 year old Qassim al-Janabi gang-rape and killing of her entire family? Haditha massacre? or the Hamdania incident? Blackwater Baghdad shooting? Fallujah massacre?
Or maybe you prefer to talk about Saddam? About how he met Rumsfeld on 24 march 1984, the same day that the UN released a report finding that Iraq is using mustard gas and the nerve agent tabun against Iranian troops, with the US State Department also acknowledges Iraq's actions with a statement released prior, on 5 March, saying "available evidence indicates that Iraq has used lethal chemical weapons.". But nevertheless that didn't stopped US to restore full diplomatic relations with Iraq in November 1984. Just so the US can provide Iraq with "aid", including battle-planning assistance, to fight the Iran war. Ow, how convenient to allow someone to use chemicals weapons, as long it's being deployed on a mutual foe in a proxy war.

It's interesting how a (the worst) terrorist attack on American soil suddenly turned into "Operation Iraqi Freedom". What does the freedom for Iraqi's has to do with getting justice done for the victims of 9/11 by getting the people directly behind the attack on trial, in either US itself or in international court of justice in Den Hague?
Btw, If you were going to play the world police (which no one asked or wanted you to this time, infact everyone else told you not to), at least get your shit right at home instead of making it worst (USA Patriot Act). But if you really must look for baddies, you don't have to go all the way overseas to some frackin desert. Just look on Wallstreet, there are plenty of shameless, selfish, evil f*cks there that doesn't give a shit about the rest. They don't kill you, no they just destroy your mortgage, life savings/pension or just your life in general; Hurting you where it hurt most, your wallet, in a consumer society.
But obviously caring about other sovereign states problems is more important than, let say, to solve domestic problems like: that more than 32 million adults in The U.S., or about 14 percent of population, have very low literacy skills (FOX viewers i bet).

In the meanwhile, after $700 billion on war spending by US alone and 150.000 fatalities in Iraq and ongoing, Bin Laden is still the undisputed world champion hide and seek.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942