Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mac Kingdom Textures missing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ChIrIsH!!! (old) Icon

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:53 AM

I am absolutely fed-up of being accused of "wallhacking" on Kingdom and KingPin because some of my textures don't show up. I know that this in an inconvenience for a fair amount of Mac users and i'm wondering if there is any know solution to this issue.

P.S Is this texture compatibility problem going to affect (macs in) 4.2?

#2 User is offline   Adium (old) Icon

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:42 AM

I got the same problem, it's really bad on Kingdom, I actually cant play the map anymore -.-
The problem showed up when I switched from my old macBook to my new iMac, on the macBook it was no problem to play Kingdom... i just hope FrozenSand doesnt abandon macs just because tjere are less mac users that windows users...

#3 User is offline   ilovetoast (old) Icon

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

I get this problem as well. I just end up leaving the server.

#4 User is offline   kbar Icon

• Account: kbar
  • Main tag: no|

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

well known macinfail bug. get a pc. or upgrade those drivers... believe they released a fix for this stuff

#5 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

I'm on a PC, but I have some episodes on Uptown where the ground tears. May upgrade drivers eventually :P. I can always see through the side of the skylight (if I'm coming through the hotel thing). Also on the apartment rooftops the ground tears in the same shape every time, but there's nothing to see there :D. It only started when I turned some of my settings down, doesn't occur on any other maps (that I know of).
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   chrispy (old) Icon

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:52 PM

I got the same problem. Just as a question, is Kingdomrc_6 or what it's called a newer or older version than the one just called Kingdom? Because On the rc_6 one (same with Kingpin) there's no problems, while on just Kingdom, or Kingpin, there is.

To not be accused of wallhacking, just don't act like one. I played it so often even with these annoying issues I know wher emost of the spots are where there are walls and where there truly aren't, so dont walk into the wall and look into it, and play worse on purpose :)

#7 User is offline   ChIrIsH!!! (old) Icon

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:01 AM

View Postchrispy, on 15 February 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

I got the same problem. Just as a question, is Kingdomrc_6 or what it's called a newer or older version than the one just called Kingdom? Because On the rc_6 one (same with Kingpin) there's no problems, while on just Kingdom, or Kingpin, there is.

To not be accused of wallhacking, just don't act like one. I played it so often even with these annoying issues I know wher emost of the spots are where there are walls and where there truly aren't, so dont walk into the wall and look into it, and play worse on purpose :)

Yea I can always pretend I can't see on the other side of certain objects, and play worse on purpose, but where's the fun in that? :( I usually skip out on those maps, which really sucks when scrimming. Hopefully this wont be a problem in 4.2 :P

#8 User is offline   kbar Icon

• Account: kbar
  • Main tag: no|

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

View Posthaydugjr, on 15 February 2010 - 02:48 PM, said:

I'm on a PC, but I have some episodes on Uptown where the ground tears. May upgrade drivers eventually :P. I can always see through the side of the skylight (if I'm coming through the hotel thing). Also on the apartment rooftops the ground tears in the same shape every time, but there's nothing to see there :D. It only started when I turned some of my settings down, doesn't occur on any other maps (that I know of).

every1 gets the skylight problem... its also another well-known bug that's in the map, not in your driver per se.

#9 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

View Postchrispy, on 15 February 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

yes. those are the newer ones which have been fixed... i presume they will be prepackaged in the game when 4.2 comes out so there wont be any confusion.

#10 User is offline   chrispy (old) Icon

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostYas, on 16 February 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

yes. those are the newer ones which have been fixed... i presume they will be prepackaged in the game when 4.2 comes out so there wont be any confusion.

Sweet, thanks! I remember having read something similar some time somewhere

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942