Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Suggestion] Incendiary Grenade Rate Topic: ***-- 4 Votes

#1 User is offline   Leito Icon

• Account: leito

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

Since grenades seem to be a popular topic lately, I thought I'd post an idea I had about a new type of grenade.

There are 2 different types of incendiary grenades. The type I had in mind was the white phosphorus type. This grenade releases a cloud of white phosphorus that burns anyone who comes into contact with the cloud. The cloud size would be about 1/3 of the size of the current smoke grenade's cloud (at peak). Also, instead of slowly releasing smoke like the smoke grenade does, the white phosphorus (WP) grenade would release its full cloud in about 1 second. The blast radius would be as shown in the screen shot on Casa. The cloud would hover for around EDIT:: 3 seconds before beginning to disperse. Damage given by the cloud would be somewhat slight when just barely in contact with the cloud, but as one moves more towards the center of the cloud, damage would increase dramatically. The damage could be just like the burn effect you get on maps with fires, burning barrels, ect, but at a slower speed. I think it would also be a cool effect if a player continued to be damaged slightly, after they are no longer in contact with the cloud to simulate a burn effect. Also, the fuse on these grenades are said to be around 2 seconds.

Anyway, this is just an idea so please, let me know what you think!
Thanks,
Leito

Reference link

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Leito: 14 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

#2 User is offline   ilovetoast (old) Icon

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

Good ideas, although I think the dev team should be concentrating giving the guns a makeover. I don't think the nades need anything major. They are good the way they are. Nice and simple. :)

#3 User is offline   .:KEYHOLE:. (old) Icon

• LocationTrois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:05 AM

lol i just imagine myself throwing an "incendiary grenade" in the enemy spawn lol !!!

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

ye add that to the notes of 'tear gas' there.

i know (nexu) it wasn't the best name but it had ideas.

#5 User is offline   UserError Icon

• Account: usererror
  • Main tag: {C9}

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:28 AM

View Post.:KEYHOLE:., on 14 February 2010 - 03:05 AM, said:

lol i just imagine myself throwing an "incendiary grenade" in the enemy spawn lol !!!

That is a really good point Keyhole.

With seven seconds before the cloud begins to disperse, depending on how much damage it does, this could be a spawn-campers dream.

On the other hand, it sounds like a great way to flush out campers :P

I am for adding the incendiary grenade.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Leito Icon

• Account: leito

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the comments. :-) As for the duration of the cloud, 7 seconds was just a guess, so after reading it should probably be a bit lower. But then again, you wouldn't necessarily die if you spawned on a cloud given that most servers have a 2 second respawn damage delay. Although I suppose something like 3 seconds would be more appropriate for the cloud's longevity. I also edited the post to say 3 seconds.

~Leito

This post has been edited by Leito: 14 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942