Urban Terror Forums: Question - is g_gear in 4.2 going to allow nade selection? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Question - is g_gear in 4.2 going to allow nade selection? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:35 PM

Quick question, please don't shoot me if this has already been answered, but is g_gear in 4.2 going to be modified to allow specific types of grenade to be limited / excluded?

At the moment you can limit 'nades, but not specify which type. In my opinion smoke is a real issue on public servers, sometimes there's so much of it the game becomes unplayable.

I don't really want to get into a discussion on whether smoke is good or bad, but it appears to me the community is kinda polarised on the issue. I see lots of people complaining about smoke, but also lots of people using it. Personally I leave servers if they become too smokey, but I know people who couldn't compete live without it.

If there was an option for server admins to specify which type of 'nade to restrict I'm sure we'd see many smoke-free servers appearing, which I and others could enjoy leaving the smokers to knock themselves out on normal servers. That way everyone's happy. :)

#2 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

I've got a bigtext bind I use on servers that I admin, smt to the extent of "Due to new EU regulations, smoking is prohibited by penalty of kick" but adding nades to g_gear would be great solution.

ps. also give nade launchers a separate number!

#3 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

While at it, when g_gear allow shotgun, make it so it doesn't has to be on the secondary slot.
Now you can only use a SPAS if it's on the secondary slot. Which is pretty lame.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

sounds like a bug.

#5 User is offline   3spades Icon

•   verified donor   
    Support Guy
  • Account: 3spades

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

I bugged raedwulf on irc to give each weapon its own value a year ago and he humored me a bit but I don't know if he remembered or cared.
urt.voxel.net :: Ruining your URT experience [2] weapons limited servers at a time.
Kevlar in CTF is like sex with a condom. Sure you get the general feel of things, but everyone would enjoy the game without it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   kbar Icon

• Account: kbar
  • Main tag: no|

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:24 AM

seriously, smokes are a pain... especially when noobs take over z best of z best when cookie ain't lookin *GASP*

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942