Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GamesTV.org meets UrbanTerror Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   skooli (old) Icon

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:54 AM

Posted ImageWhat is GamesTV.org?
We're a community site focused on ingame-coverage of esports event. Currently we're dominated by Enemy Territory, which we're casting for over 5 years now, but we welcome any other games aswell.
In the last few days we discovered the possibilities of ingame broadcasting of Urban Terror and did a lot to push it on GamesTV.org - in this article I will try to give you a quick introduction into what we can do for you.

How do we support Urban Terror?
We've implemented UrT-TV into the backend of our site which means for you: You can request any match on our site - and we will cast it!
You'll be asked to fill in basic details of the match, like the matchtime and the teams playing. Make sure that you select 'Official Broadcast' aswell, this means that we will cover your match with tv servers.
The last thing you have to do now is specify the matchserver you're gonna play on (when you're ask for a "Relaypw" just enter the server password).
The match will be listed in our schedule and 15 minutes before the scheduled start our tv servers will connect to the server. Until the match starts everbody can set his bets (fakemoney :o) ) and comment on the match.

How does your coverage work?
It's a fully automated system which will stream two views to ever viewer (Check out this viewing f.a.q. for further information). We will also make sure that sufficient viewing slots are available, meaning that we'll connect another tv server as soon as all slots threaten to get full.
Additionally we will make every match we cast available for viewing on demand. You can simply follow the link 'Watch this Match now.' on the matchpage and request it. We will spawn a small server with the selected match and all recorded views where you and your friends can join and watch the game.

Anything else?
You might be overwhelmed by the amount of Enemy Territory matches on our site, but do not despair - we have a game filter. In your profile settings you can select which games you want us to deliver information for and anything else will be hidden from you.

We're looking forward to casting your matches (-:

This post has been edited by skooli: 18 February 2010 - 04:01 AM

#2 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

I'll certainly urge the folks at Urban Zone to give this a go, but I think GTV itself might prove to be the limitation here. A "live" cameraman can follow the action, making sure to spec the player doing something meaningful, like the flag carrier for example. Spec'ing 2 random players out of 10 isn't quite the same thing.

However, it's a fantastic offer, and one I think the UrT community would be foolish not to take advantage of.

This post has been edited by Kendle: 18 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

#3 User is offline   eMz (old) Icon

• LocationFrance

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

Already tested, it is really great as a system. Keep it up you are doing good job :laugh:

#4 User is offline   Vortex (old) Icon

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

It would definitely be more useful for TS as opposed to CTF, which is fine for me because 95% of the time I'm playing TS :laugh:

Reminds me of HLTV.

<iCu|sodtheone> HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BABY
<_FatChick> oh hey. I was fraggin
<_FatChick> FYI im not fat or a chick
<iCu|sodtheone> OH :(
<iCu|sodtheone> y must u crush my dreams?

#5 User is offline   kbar Icon

• Account: kbar
  • Main tag: no|

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

i think its basically hltv for urt. it'll definitely work for both ctf and ts.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

GamesTV broadcast several matches for us last night, both CTF and TS.

TS works better IMO because at first everyone's camping and not doing anything particularly interesting, so it doesn't matter who the auto-GTV picks at random, then when the action gets started the number of players still alive reduces fairly quickly and the auto-GTV tends to only pick live players. It can be interesting watching 2 players who are the last left alive on their team play cat and mouse with each other while you're flicking between the 2 :)

CTF is better with a cameraman, but any GTV is better than no GTV, and with GamesTV providing 2 streams and therefore 2 players out of 10 to watch even CTF is watchable.

#7 User is offline   kbar Icon

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:11 AM

so gamestv has a live cameraman or is it a bot that scrolls through players? Or is it just an empty client connected as gtv camerman and just watches one person until forced to change players b/c of death, or whatever?

#8 User is offline   Genesis Icon

• Account: genesis
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:45 AM

2 clients which somewhat randomly cycle players. Kinda works for TS, not so much for CTF (as Kendle said).
17:32 slackin • i fire blanks

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

There is no funstuff in HD.

#9 User is offline   skooli (old) Icon

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

It's a cameraman bot with rudimentary intelligence (if you want to call it that):
Like already said, we have two streams and therefor two views between which the viewer can freely switch.
The bot always tries not to watch the same player on both views, it also switches through the players cyclically every 20 seconds but not both views at the same time:
0s -> view1 and view2 active
10s -> view1 change
20s -> view2 change
30s -> view1 change
40s -> view2 change
... etc
so both views change every 20 seconds but its "shifted".

Unfortunately this is all we can do since we don't get _any_ information whatsoever about whats going on on the matchserver (from GTV). If the matchserverlog would be spammed on the GTV-console like its spammed to the gtv-viewers we could easily build a pretty clever bot (jumping to the player who stole the flag, when somebody with a view on him dies let the cam jump to the killer, etc), but we're very restricted that way.

This post has been edited by skooli: 24 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

#10 User is offline   kbar Icon

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

well, it sounds like it's done well... now you just gotta put this on ftwgl forums
also you might wanna get on #ftwgl or #urtpug on gamesurge irc.
urtpug isn't really affiliated w/ ftwgl but so many more people idle there than on #ftwgl.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942