Urban Terror Forums: "Illegal" spots that could use to be clipped - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

"Illegal" spots that could use to be clipped Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:22 AM

Instead of taking personal shots at me how about you make a relevant argument as to why these should not be clipped.

Firstly it is entirely up to the mapper as to if he wants to fix these problems or not.
It is a fact these spots pull at the integrity of the game.

#12 User is offline   Genesis Icon

• Account: genesis
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:30 AM

there are certain spots in tohunga which require no more than 3 walljumps to get to which are about as useful as the little window by pillars in turnpike. Still I see people using the turnpike one, so why can't I use the tohunga ones? Just because other people don't know how to get to them?
17:32 slackin • i fire blanks

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

There is no funstuff in HD.

#13 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:37 AM

View PostSolitary, on 24 February 2010 - 09:22 AM, said:

Exactly! as fun as removing the fences from turnpike and roof clipping for abbey would be, it would make gameplay quite shit
Those spots aren't made for skilled players to jump about on they were mappers mistakes with failed clipping, you have to remember most of the maps made were before walljumping ever existed. and now you've found nice spots to get to, its not the fact that your leet if you get up there, its the fact that they are pretty much changing the way the game is played, take ut4_kingdom for example http://urbanterrorla.../urt/NulL.dm_68 thats a demo of my TDU team being able to get 2 people ontop of kingdom in <30 seconds with extra ammo + medpacks etc. while people were defending them getting up
that was only a practice, when it came to the match the team was instantly overwhelmed, we threw down the opposition enough for them to rage quit.

THIS shouldn't of happened, its a perfect example on showing how the maps are NOT meant to be played

and why these issues need to be fixed

This post has been edited by Delirium: 24 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

#14 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:37 AM

View PostSolitary, on 24 February 2010 - 09:22 AM, said:

Instead of taking personal shots at me how about you make a relevant argument as to why these should not be clipped.

you came in and basically said that anyone that learns the levels and game mechanics well enough to use these spots are tantamount to cheating... then you said without qualification that the op was right and everyone else was wrong. I just responded glibly in kind... although My other posts were chock full of reasoning and logic as to why they should be fully allowed should the mapper not wish to "fix" them.

Firstly it is entirely up to the mapper as to if he wants to fix these problems or not.

Yes. I fully agree. If the mapper feels that this "breaks" the map then they should feel fully justified in "fixing" their maps. We're not talking about something like kingdom though... where it's broken and only "exploitable" by a certain few. These spots are accessible by anyone that can learn to play the game well enough. I consider that fair play. Saying that they are exploits with the connotation of being wrong in some way is like saying that a sniper rifle is wrong because it gives you an unfair advantage over an lr300 because of the scope and higher damage. Anyone can learn to use any of the guns.. anyone can learn to do walljumps.

Explain again how this is fact and not just your opinion?
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#15 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

This post has been edited by Delirium: 24 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

View PostDelirium, on 24 February 2010 - 09:37 AM, said:

THIS shouldn't of happened, its a perfect example on showing how the maps are NOT meant to be played

and why these issues need to be fixed

What bothers Me about this is that basically what is being said is that ingenuity and clever thinking should be punished. These aren't cheats, they exist for anyone, someone had to figure them out through some kind of cleverness... I fail to see a difference between that and any other good strategy.

I get the impression that if we just made this into a british army simulator from the 1800s that everyone would be happier. Blue coats on one side red coats on the other... everyone line up and take one shot. No stealth, no tactics, no camping... just come to the middle and hold the button down until one army is dead.
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#17 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

I see where your coming from.

btw i think we're quite muddled up, what kind of clippings are we talking about?

#18 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

In my opinion those little places where you can stand are just fun and a part of the game. Real exploits do need to be fixed, like the kingdom exploit and the prague roof jump.

#19 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

This thread is a joke.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942