Urban Terror Forums: Welcome to the *ALL NEW* Official Urban Terror Website! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome to the *ALL NEW* Official Urban Terror Website! Rate Topic: ***** 5 Votes

#41 User is offline   Lieutenantdan Icon

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

View PostElite, on 28 February 2010 - 05:58 PM, said:

yea good work guys!
but one thing:if i add "ELITE" as one of my nicks,"elite" appears-should be fixed.

Yes! I noticed this too. It would be nice to be able to have capital letters in the nicknames.

#42 User is offline   Gnorkh Icon

• Account: gnorkh

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

Very nice, the new site. I'm really lookin forward to playing UrT with Passport!

Just out of curiosity: Why the domain change from .net to .info?

#43 User is offline   Decoy Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: decoy
  • Main tag: .:|

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

the reason why a direct link to the "merge accounts" was not added in the news item is because 'visitors' could then click that link before registering an account ;)

#44 User is offline   beast Icon

• Account: beast

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Yes! finally the nasty old site gets replaced.

+downloads

It would be interesting to see if the download count goes up after this week.

#45 User is offline   Nationalist Icon

• Account: nationalist

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:44 PM

The new site and forum design is claustrophobic. I don't like it at all.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Green Viking Icon

• Account: greenviking

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

and is it possible to get the old join date back? its nice to see how long people have been around here.

#47 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

View PostNationalist, on 28 February 2010 - 09:44 PM, said:

The new site and forum design is claustrophobic. I don't like it at all.

http://forums.urbant...urbanterrorinfo

:)

#48 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

The new site looks great. However, some issues that need attention:

- As others have said this narrow format kills, especially on a wide monitor. Very hard to read the forum with any efficiency.
- The contrast scheme is really disorienting. It looks really good but the colors have a psychological effect that hurts my brain. My brain ooooooo!
- When signing up you have a box for "agree to our terms". Your terms are nowhere to be found, so I've agreed to nothing. Later you display the terms.
- You ask whether to do the paypal signup or go straight to the forums. I clicked paypal and went to the homepage.
- So now I'm "wilyduck" because I first can't sign up as "a wily duck" and can't ? change my name to just "wily duck"? and for the record that's why-lee not free-willy. Have a cookie. I won't know until after this post if my previous user will not be able to be bridged into this passport user, and if not I'll be a bit upset having to effectively start over on the forum. If that even means anything.
- Grey text on a dark grey background? Try 0xe0e0e0 or something quite a bit whiter. Ow!

Please make the left side closable. The bright colors on the dark grey are utter distracting against the rest of the forum, see "hurts" above. And one more please make the width very expandable. This isn't 2002.

Overall great change, adjustments needed.

#49 User is offline   Brave Icon

• Account: brave

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

Excellent, I started to experiment. :)

Health into your hands. :)

#50 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

@ Wilyduck : I can answer some of your questions.

- About the narrow design : there is a stylish template that can be found somewhere on the forum. The author is Courgette, he submitted it today. It allows you to display the site / forum in full screen.
- The paypal page isnt ready yet, and I think hoi or decoy removed the page in the registration process.
- You can link your old account to your new one by submitting a merge query topic in the right section.
- I can't really understand your remarks about the new color scheme, the site and forum are pretty well displayed on my LCD monitors and on my Macbook as well. Nothing hurts my eyes, or my brain (but maybe its because i don't have one).

This post has been edited by Tizz: 28 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942