• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Regarding your Display name Rate Topic: -----

#22 User is offline   raMPage Icon

• Account: rampage
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:19 AM

i edited my post and the tag/ name edit works..

#23 User is offline   Maverick Icon

• Account: maverick

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 07 March 2010 - 03:34 AM, said:

oh what they say here is for the forums.

I don't think you need nicknames for the forums...

#24 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

nice to have the new settings good work!
one thing that scared me was to see the e-mail address in my passport site but it's only viewable to the profile owner. :unsure:

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#25 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

View PostMaverick, on 06 March 2010 - 07:50 PM, said:

Maybe I just haven't understood it's use yet, but I believe we can have up to 3 nicknames to play with. Apparently the new system does not take into account the nicks. Where and how will we be able to use the nicks instead of the original UID?

I' wondering this, too. I can now have fancy stuff going on with my "Display Name", but not with my nick names, they're still e.g. converting to lowercase, do not allow punctuations, etc.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

Displaying your whole posts differently is fine; you show your posts are more important than others which is normal; it was also showing with the 'dev team' previously too.

Now the avatars being greyscale still seems ugly to me; if it's for aesthetic reasons purely, it has an excuse though i don't know if it's completely innocent because of that; in the case it's purely for differentiation - and not aesthetics - i'd call it pure evil.

The short width of the site is a remaining irritation; it can be overwritten though i don't believe it's necessary to stay that way. It could at least be optimized to something like that overwriting script posted's width.

All in all i believe this new look in general (dark, greyscale forcing of avatars) is making people feel a bit more awkward about it than they could have been.

Also, the blue posts for dev members can be turned off for 'unimportant' posts; this is what reddit administrators do; if it's an 'important announcement' they turn on their 'colored' post, if it's pure chatting, they post normally. This makes them blend in better and not feel like they're imposing an 'importance' status. This gives them less chances of being seen as pretentious and raises the importance of the posts that were explicitly colored.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 07 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

#27 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

View Postrfx, on 07 March 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

I' wondering this, too. I can now have fancy stuff going on with my "Display Name", but not with my nick names, they're still e.g. converting to lowercase, do not allow punctuations, etc.

Yes, it does this, but it works like this:

Let's say I register the nickname "H0i"

The system will assign me the nickname "hoi"

This also includes h0i, H0i, H0I, hOI, hOi, h01 and so on.

#28 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

I don't get the whole nickname thing ... See, I use "rfx" on this Forum, another name on another Forum and a completely different name (MaxC.) in-game. I'm not fond of sharing a single identification on multiple occasions.

However, I could enter "MaxC." into my nicknames, put it's converted to "maxc" and I don't understand why.

And what's also not clear to me, is now my Forum/Passport name in anyway bound to later passport in-game playing?

#29 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

View Postrfx, on 07 March 2010 - 09:09 PM, said:

I don't get the whole nickname thing ... See, I use "rfx" on this Forum, another name on another Forum and a completely different name (MaxC.) in-game. I'm not fond of sharing a single identification on multiple occasions.

However, I could enter "MaxC." into my nicknames, put it's converted to "maxc" and I don't understand why.

And what's also not clear to me, is now my Forum/Passport name in anyway bound to later passport in-game playing?

Your login name here is not related to your ingame name.

If you enter "MaxC" it is changed into "maxc", BUT you will be able to use MaxC if you want to. The nickname says "maxc" but this also inclues "MaxC".

#30 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

View PostH0i, on 07 March 2010 - 09:18 PM, said:

Your login name here is not related to your ingame name.

Ah, thanks, didn't knew that! That means I can play on a passport enabled server using passport with any name I like?

If you enter "MaxC" it is changed into "maxc", BUT you will be able to use MaxC if you want to. The nickname says "maxc" but this also inclues "MaxC".

Ok, then .. sorry for my ignorance, what's the nickname thing for then anyway? Just no one else can claim a Forum name with it?

thanks!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942