Urban Terror Forums: Optimized .app; builds of ioq3 engine - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Optimized .app; builds of ioq3 engine Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

Mac64 Snow Leopard support, Fixes and Improvements

#61 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

I don't know the answers to your questions, I just recompiled the thing for 64 bit from Mitsubishi's build.

I think there may be a problem with the SDL keyboard input layer, no idea what it is though. I saw a couple of places that said they were specific workaronds for problems in windows, but that code should be disabled for this build so ... perhaps the same problems are on Mac as well.

Who knows.

I'm waiting for the 4.2 official release before I make time to dig into any problems with what this build might have.

Glad you like it!

#62 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Can you compile the most recent version with the raw mouse support please.

#63 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

That (particular implementation) only applies to Windows. If similar concepts exist for UNIX systems one can investigate what SDL already does. It's quite probable that they already use the most optimal way available.

#64 User is offline   monkeyman767 Icon

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:35 PM

Is it a simple matter of just unzipping the 64 bit .app into the folder, as I don't seem to notice any difference in performance or any of the new commands available to me.

#65 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

I bought a i5 imac and tried out this .app. timedemo was 400fps at 2560*1440 medium GFX on the regular client, and 720fps with this version. I can't believe how much smoother it is in game. This is an essential download for newer snow leopard macs.

One issue though – shift is my push-to-talk, but if I have it held down, UrT won't let me zoom in and out using the scroll wheel. Is there a fix?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   voidref Icon

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

Unfortunately there is not a fix for the keyboard related problems.

On my system I am no longer able to COMMAND + TAB out of the app.

It seems different people have different problems, and I do not know the cause of this.

#67 User is offline   Hoody Icon

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

OK I have found two issues:

1. as I mentioned above, modifier keys with mouse strokes will mess with normal mouse operation in game.
2. I get mouse misbehaviour with this client. MOUSE1 will sometimes stick or fail to register. I tested this with three mice (Mighty Mouse, G9, Ikari) and compare with the standard client. The issues don't occur with the standard client. Does anyone have a fix?

#68 User is offline   voidref Icon

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Strange, I have a G9, and the only times I have problems with multi firing is when there are network issues.

#69 User is offline   Hoody Icon

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

View Postvoidref, on 18 August 2010 - 07:49 PM, said:

Strange, I have a G9, and the only times I have problems with multi firing is when there are network issues.

It's specific to this build and this computer as far as I can see. The mice work fine elsewhere and on this computer with the regular client. Maybe I should post this in the mitsubishi thread as it's effectively the same thing?

#70 User is offline   voidref Icon

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Mistubishi's build is Windows specific, and I think there are other things going on in the input area for it, so I don't think he'll be able to help.

He reads this thread from time to time, so if he knows anything he'll chime in.

I imagine there's some problem with the version of SDL that this build uses, so it's best to wait until FS gets out a 4.2 build with whatever version of ioQ they are going to support and start with that.

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942