• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Making a server on Mac Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   turbanerror Icon

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hi all the UrT peeps here!

I am TurbanError-* from the clan Sect7., You might not have heard of it since it is new. We really need server(s) for the clan for training, fun etc. But the main problem is that I don't know how to make one! I have googled it up.. Some said i need to do something with my router, some say i have to goto the finder and type this code.. But they all do not work!! ANY ONE PLEASE HELP MEEE!

#2 User is offline   Majorheretic Icon

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

What kind of Computer?
What kind of Router?

INTSRUCTIONS FOR A MAC:
Go to your browser and type in the address bar:
(or if that doesnt work)
Go to the menu marked: Firewall Rules (or something like that)
Add the ports:
Add them to your (internal) IP.
Find your ioUrbanTerror.app
Right click and select show package contents (or something like that)
Navigate to the blank icon, name: ioUrbanTerror.ub
Drag this icon into Terminal and add the follow line:
+set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +set net_port 27960 set net_ip 192.168.0.5
(That's mine and it seems to work)
Open up another copy of Urban Terror and type:
/connect <your external ip> (www.whatismyip.com)
Server done.
URBAN TERROR IS NOT COD6
AKGRIZZLY: UrT devs slaved over boiling PCs in a crawl space full of rabid monkeys with no food, for no pay all so we could rawk peeps with l337 remington skills
M0usep0d: I got stuck with the slow, heavy, weak, balding model.
ObScUrE: We should start now all to play COD and suggest Sr8, curbstomps, walljumps, jumpmaps...

#3 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

• Account: nosleep
  • Main tag: [QH]

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

You might like to take a look at this link:

http://dailynade.com...erver-on-a-mac/

#4 User is offline   Majorheretic Icon

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:01 AM

View PostNoSleep, on 29 March 2010 - 10:28 AM, said:

You might like to take a look at this link:

http://dailynade.com...erver-on-a-mac/

Thats what I tried, but its a poor tutorial, it hardly explains anything and merely outlines it. After much experimenting and non-operational servers, I finally just fiddled and got it working.
URBAN TERROR IS NOT COD6
AKGRIZZLY: UrT devs slaved over boiling PCs in a crawl space full of rabid monkeys with no food, for no pay all so we could rawk peeps with l337 remington skills
M0usep0d: I got stuck with the slow, heavy, weak, balding model.
ObScUrE: We should start now all to play COD and suggest Sr8, curbstomps, walljumps, jumpmaps...

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

do you still have to run a mac server from the client application? it might be helped by a rebuild.

#6 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

View PostMajorheretic, on 31 March 2010 - 05:01 AM, said:

Thats what I tried, but its a poor tutorial, it hardly explains anything and merely outlines it. After much experimenting and non-operational servers, I finally just fiddled and got it working.

Yes, it's a very stripped down explanation. I was able to launch a server using it, but it would crash when two people tried to fire at one another. At first I thought It might be my limited upload bandwidth, so I tried capping max datarate for each client (although, in the console, UrT advises that the "default" is 3000, the minimum value possible, at least client-wise is 8000). I still got the crashes when two players would open fire at each other.

I didn't set my internal ip address as you did, as I didn't really understand what you have done there. I have two different routers I can try here; one I can access via the address 198.162.1.254; the other via 192.168.2.1. The best thing to do, I guess, is to find the address of your router and your computer in System Preferences/Network. It's difficult to determine whether you have used the ip address of your computer, or created an alternative ip for the server from your explanation. By not setting the ip address in terminal it defaulted to <something> and turned up in the UrT Browser (under both "Internet" and "LAN") on another copy of UrT I was running.
Also, setting the port did not work; as connecting, via the in-game browser (despite setting the port to 27960, as you recommended), I was informed that it had gone to a port, number 54061 or similar. People could still connect, no problem; despite the port not being forwarded in my router.
We also tried running a server via the in-game settings and by using the /connect command in the console others were able to connect; no matter which type of server I chose. Each type worked, but the same thing (players fire at one another) caused a crash, as before.

I've had the same problem trying to run a LAN game before.

This post has been edited by NoSleep: 31 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

#7 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 31 March 2010 - 08:12 AM, said:

do you still have to run a mac server from the client application? it might be helped by a rebuild.

I have Quake 3, so I should try running UrT under ioQuake3 1.36. I noticed that this doesn't leave the screen clear to launch another copy of UrT or Quake 3; instead showing the console on the full page (thinks: I guess running it as a window will bypass this problem).

#8 User is offline   Betobest Icon

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

So does this only happen when you run it through terminal? or does it do it on iourbanterror + exec server.cfg or making a ded server through menu?

#9 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:15 AM

View PostNoSleep, on 31 March 2010 - 12:07 PM, said:

I have Quake 3, so I should try running UrT under ioQuake3 1.36. I noticed that this doesn't leave the screen clear to launch another copy of UrT or Quake 3; instead showing the console on the full page (thinks: I guess running it as a window will bypass this problem).

Unless your mac is a PPC, you should really use the intel builds of ioQuake instead.

PPC code runs through an interpreter, which makes performance sub-par.

#10 User is offline   Betobest Icon

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:57 AM

You can get a universal binary quake 3 app to run natively on intel macs

[link]http://www.sqonk.com.au/quake3.html[/link]

This post has been edited by Betobest: 19 April 2010 - 04:57 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942