Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Map File? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wish Icon

• Account: wish

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

I can't find any file on my computer that has the files for downloaded maps. I've downloaded a crap ton of maps in my days, and for some reason, there's a limit to how many maps are viewable in the "Create Server". For instance, I have about eight versions of Icy Jumps V.

I've looked in q3ut4 and baseq3, and I haven't seen anything that looks useful for my purposes.

I need to prune/edit my map list, but I can't find out how. I'm on an iMac running 10.6.2, in case that matters.

This post has been edited by wish: 26 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

#2 User is offline   3spades Icon

•   verified donor   
    Support Guy
  • Account: 3spades

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

The map list is limited. If you have a lot it will only list up to the limit. Start your server in whatever is on the list and then do /map $mapname to cycle to it.
urt.voxel.net :: Ruining your URT experience [2] weapons limited servers at a time.
Kevlar in CTF is like sex with a condom. Sure you get the general feel of things, but everyone would enjoy the game without it.

#3 User is offline   wish Icon

• Account: wish

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

I know that the map list is limited. I want to delete maps from the map list, so they aren't there anymore. How do I do that?

#4 User is offline   3spades Icon

•   verified donor   
    Support Guy
  • Account: 3spades

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

You cant. You can only remove maps and it will fall back to the default maps.
urt.voxel.net :: Ruining your URT experience [2] weapons limited servers at a time.
Kevlar in CTF is like sex with a condom. Sure you get the general feel of things, but everyone would enjoy the game without it.

#5 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

you want to delete maps from your hard drive, not just the list... right? by the way, some maps will not show up on the list anyway as they weren't all created properly. (require a proper .arena file, but that's a side point)

if you used different application launchers, they could be installed in several areas (not sure about this for macs)

easiest way to find out is to search your hard drive for .pk3 files (you can search for specific filetypes, right?) there you will find your maps, make sure you don't delete the zpaks though :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   X-RaY Icon

• Account: xray

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:37 PM

3rd party maps are stored in: ~/Library/Application Suppor/Quake 3/q3ut4
you can delete them from there.

As Yas already told you, in order for a map to pop up in the map list, it needs an arena file.
which in most cases isn't included.

To view all maps enter in console:
/map <tab>
or
/map ut4_<tab>
first one will show all maps, second one only ut4_ maps

or:
/map ut4_s<tab>
this one will show all maps starting with ut4_s

:D
My Awesome Jumping Vids: @ My Youtube Channel!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942