Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Radeon 2600 Weird texture problems? Rate Topic: -----

Anyone else seeing this?

#1 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

I had to replace the card on my imac, and instead of getting the nvidia, i got the ATI 2600 HD, but now I am seeing this problem?

Here is a series of images that illustrates it. When I am far away, certain textures seem to be having problem rendering depending on what angle I am looking at them.

See in this case the billboards at the center of the screen.

When I am close, they look fine. (ok, these are large, anyone know how to make the BB scale them down for display? If not I'll just adjust them all on the server.)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is a zip of the files if you want to get them all at once:

http://www.voidref.c...ages/images.zip

Thanks for looking!

This post has been edited by voidref: 29 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

#2 User is offline   strepidus Icon

• Account: strepidus

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

First off, how did you replace the video card on your iMac? I have an iMac, and I'd love to replace the Radeon 2600 with an nVidia, because there's a bug with the Radeon 2600 that causes the computer to lock up intermittently when playing UrT (while the last sound that was played in the game loops repeatedly), and then I have to force restart the computer.

Second, no, I can't say I've noticed any of the texture problems you described. Maybe it's an issue with the settings?

#3 User is offline   voidref Icon

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:28 AM

I had the card replaced by a repair shop because the nvidia card went bad and i didn't want to spend the five hundred dollars on the nvidia.

I have tried changing every setting imcould find, and it stillmdoesmthis.perhaps it is defective.

#4 User is offline   Weedwalker Icon

• Account: weedwalker
  • Main tag: duff.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

i've go the same problem and i didnt change my graphic card.
duff. / #duffbeer

#5 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

Maybe a memory or hunk problem? Try doing these:

1. Monitor CPU/Memory on the map while loading, and on the visuals. If it really peaks, tell us.
2. Turn down texture quality to 16bit, then 32bit.
3. Turn off Compressing textures.

Also, are you guys running the void's build, or the normal iourt?

b1
B1naryTh1ef
:3

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   voidref Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

Compressing Textures is off, it causes other problems.

16 - 32 bit textures both exhibit the same behavior.

What tool do you recommend monitoring while map loading. Shark?

I recently noticed that this sort of problem also happens when using a scopre and looking at players who are wearing helmets, I can see their heads through them.

I am starting to suspect that this is a crappy driver problem and not really something that has to do with the game engine.

#7 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

overheating maybe or buggy pk3 files.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#8 User is offline   Killar Icon

• Account: killar
  • Main tag: {C9}

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

View Poststrepidus, on 08 April 2010 - 05:38 AM, said:

First off, how did you replace the video card on your iMac? I have an iMac, and I'd love to replace the Radeon 2600 with an nVidia, because there's a bug with the Radeon 2600 that causes the computer to lock up intermittently when playing UrT (while the last sound that was played in the game loops repeatedly), and then I have to force restart the computer.

Second, no, I can't say I've noticed any of the texture problems you described. Maybe it's an issue with the settings?

I have had that same problem too, and if it is the video card. I will have this thing replaced or something. I paid a 5 year warranty after all. Also, the thing I find works best against this is turning up your fans, I ussually don't have it lock up on me if my fans are at full speed.

Any how, back on topic, I don't have this effect so I doubt its the video card, maybe a fuxored pk3 file or something like that.

#9 User is offline   Taenon Icon

• Account: taenon

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

Texture problems have been documented here previously with imacs running 2*00 series cars. IIRC, the 2400 series doesn't have walls in Kingdom. This is a problem with the card though, the same thing happens on Windows and in other games (Rise of Nations on windows doesn't have any people, just landscape and trees). That is the problem with buying an all in one desktop, sometimes you get screwed on a part you cant swap.
Any other UCSD Grad students? PM me!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942