Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Problems Starting Dedicated Server Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   samster Icon

• Account: samster

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi all,

One day I wanted to start a dedicated server. So, I went into UrT and selected "Start Server" or something like that. I put the dedicated option on "Internet" and selected my options and maps. But, Then when I went to start it, it went to my desktop with the Urban Terror icon still in the dock and "ioUrbanTerror" up at the menu bar with just "window" next to it. Nothing else happens. When I right click on the icon on the dock it says "Not Responding" and then I have to Force Quit it. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution on how I can Fix it?

Thanks!!!

Samster

#2 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

• Account: nosleep
  • Main tag: [QH]

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

That just means it's now running the server.

#3 User is offline   samster Icon

• Account: samster

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:31 PM

View PostNoSleep, on 03 April 2010 - 11:32 AM, said:

That just means it's now running the server.

Ok.. But is there a way that I can have the dedicated server running in the background and then join it as a client on the same comp? I tried to open UrT and nothing happens.

#4 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

• Account: nosleep
  • Main tag: [QH]

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Install a copy of Urban Terror in a new folder in your Applications folder, naming it something like UrbanTerrorServer. Launch this copy of the app, and, after you're done, launch your usual copy. You might like to take a look at the other thread, recently started in the Mac discussion, here, for a way of launching that allows for a server config file and map cycle. And I would be interested to know if you experience the same problems that I've been encountering, having tried both methods.

This post has been edited by NoSleep: 04 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942