Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Testing a UrT server Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jolly Roger Icon

• Account: jollyroger
  • Main tag: [SAS]

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

Hey all, it's me again. After some extensive testing, I have finally gotten my own server running. We're located in the northeast and right now we're running a default mapcycle on TDM. Not very exciting, I know, but this is my first server and I'm just testing the waters. The Computer itself is kinda (read: VERY) old, and I want to stress test it if at all possible. It worked beautifully with two players, but that's only 2 out of 12. So please, if you're feeling in a good mood, I would love to have you stop by our server:

141.114.236.152:27960

please give me any feedback so that I may run things better - at the moment though I am not looking into any external administration or modification software (B3, etc).

#2 User is offline   Mr.Goldfish Icon

• Account: mrgoldfish

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:07 AM

Not much to add really.

This post has been edited by Mr.Goldfish: 04 April 2010 - 05:07 AM

If I had to choose between three weapons, let it be an SR8, a 92G with silencer and my brain.

#3 User is offline   Jolly Roger Icon

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

yeah I didn't think so... I had problems getting it to show up in the master server - I think this is because it gets a hitch warning when it tries to sent the heartbeats. from what little I was able to find it's due to low ram and when I checked my resource consumption, sure enough, urban terror was using almost my entire page file, which would explain its crappy performance.

#5 User is offline   Jolly Roger Icon

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

yeah if I couldn't afford anything else I can snag about 512 megs of SD ram for around 30 bucks so that's what I'd probably do.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942