Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Dropping internet connection Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   smileypinecone Icon

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

When I open UT on my OS X Tiger it just drops the internet connection. Can anyone help? :sad:

#2 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

• Account: nosleep
  • Main tag: [QH]

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

Could you supply some more information?

#3 User is offline   smileypinecone Icon

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

View PostNoSleep, on 12 April 2010 - 01:25 PM, said:

Could you supply some more information?

I'm on a Mac 10.4. When I open UT I get a message "No server list from master server" and then it drops my connection, until I close UT. Everything else is fine. Does that help?

#4 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

How can you tell that your internet connection drops while you're in-game?

Have you played Urban Terror normally before, or is the first time you've tried to install it?

If you're on a G4 or a G5, try using this app to browse for games - Only Mortal - and I've left some instructions on how to set it up for UrT here (guess I could pop those in the zip). It will launch UrT and go straight to the game when you click on the server's name.

PS... I'm no expert on these matters, but it seems pretty quiet in this folder, so bear with me (and maybe someone else will notice).

Not connecting to the master server can happen occasionally, although sometimes just relaunching UrT can bring it back. If you've never connected to UrT before, it might be a matter of forwarding a port or two on your router; I go for broke and open 27950-27970 TCP & UDP just to be sure.

This post has been edited by NoSleep: 12 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

if it's a restricted isp, e.g. 'university' they may be dropping it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   smileypinecone Icon

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

View PostNoSleep, on 12 April 2010 - 10:42 PM, said:

How can you tell that your internet connection drops while you're in-game?

Have you played Urban Terror normally before, or is the first time you've tried to install it?

If you're on a G4 or a G5, try using this app to browse for games - Only Mortal - and I've left some instructions on how to set it up for UrT here (guess I could pop those in the zip). It will launch UrT and go straight to the game when you click on the server's name.

PS... I'm no expert on these matters, but it seems pretty quiet in this folder, so bear with me (and maybe someone else will notice).

Not connecting to the master server can happen occasionally, although sometimes just relaunching UrT can bring it back. If you've never connected to UrT before, it might be a matter of forwarding a port or two on your router; I go for broke and open 27950-27970 TCP & UDP just to be sure.

I'm new to the game. I installed it before, got fed up and deleted it, but I've installed it again recently. I have it in windowed mode so that's how I can tell it drops the connection. I don't think it's something wrong with my router because it's pretty new and hasn't had any problems.

View Postmitsubishi, on 12 April 2010 - 10:44 PM, said:

if it's a restricted isp, e.g. 'university' they may be dropping it.

You think I should download it from a different university?

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

no i mean your own ISP.

#8 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

View Postsmileypinecone, on 12 April 2010 - 10:50 PM, said:

I'm new to the game. I installed it before, got fed up and deleted it, but I've installed it again recently. I have it in windowed mode so that's how I can tell it drops the connection. I don't think it's something wrong with my router because it's pretty new and hasn't had any problems.

The problem with a new router may be that those ports need to be forwarded (if you haven't already done it).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942